Thread: Clutch Pedal issue

Rides

Clutch Pedal issue

So my S13 with a CA was converted from auto to manual before I bought it and the clutch pedal has never been right. It only uses the bottom half of it’s travel but still just about disengages the clutch.
    I’ve replaced the leaking slave cylinder, the clutch line for a braided one and deleted the dampener, it has a brand new Exedy clutch kit with Nissan release bearing, new spiggot bush, flywheel skimmed, swapped gearboxes as I have a few spares bled the system a few times thoroughly and I’ve tried adjusting the clutch pedal and master cylinder rod as per the workshop manual but still only have half the travel.
    The pedal still comes all the way to the top but drops to half way then starts to disengage the clutch.

The only thing I haven’t replaced is the master cylinder. Has anyone had a similar issue caused by the master cylinder or is this more likely to be an adjustment issue?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    have you checked the release bearing carrier is the right one? there's different lengths but all the same basic design are used across the Nissan range.

possible the release bearing is completely disengaging with some travel before engaging the clutch cover.

have a read of some of this thread:

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...ossibly-custom

be careful when picking a new one up, that japanese manual is for using them with the twin plates etc. I'd try to pick up one second hand from someone who can confirm it's a CA original.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    That’s pretty interesting, so from the information the original bearing carrier should be 22mm long on a CA?
    I’ll see if I have any spares and measure them

Rides
    they were my measurements at the time, I'm sure I did them right
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Thanks for your help, I’ll check tonight!

Rides
    Just measured a spare I had laying around at work. I’ll get the box off at the weekend and check the one that’s fitted