Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracey - Jonny Wilkinson's new project

Rides
    I might take you up on that Arry
    I think it's going to have to wait until I've got a week off to do it though and I'll maybe wait until spring. I'm going to have a good look round it to make sure it's worth saving then do interior jobs in the garage first because I can always leave them half done as it's living outside during the week atm.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    hang on, middle of winter, 12 yr old tyres and no picture of it wrapped around a lamppost... sxoc isnt what it used to be!

will be following this thread though

Rides
    That's because the hole in the intercooler is so fecking massive it didn't make boost !

I did try to drift it round a couple of roundabouts on the way home....Not !

Rides
    I thought the rule was that you had to do a massive burnout in your garage when you first get it running.

Rides
    That would feck up the carpet nicely ! lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Thanks. That's very kind. I need to get new tyres sorted first before I'll get any idea of whether the handling is shot due to suspension but I'll PM you as soon as I know.
    They're just kicking about my workshop ATM. I tried selling them but got sick of being messed about by people wanting something for nothing. Id rather them go to a good home then have to deal with idiots from the fb sale pages.

Cars looking good though, shame about the circumstances that caused you to get it but at least its gone to a good home.

Rides
    And.... the original key has turned up from Thailand ! lol

Still, it saves me having to cut another for a spare and it means I have one original key.

Sadly, I haven't had chance to do anything to her this weekend other than collect the spare key and check it works.

Ho-hum.

Rides
    That's an amazing read! i'm glad its someone who appreciates the car who has ended up with it and i'm sure the fella knew that. I am also glad you wont sell it to any of the destruction derby mob

Rides
    I'm going to try. I bought an S13 once before and spruced it up, sold it to someone in the club who kept it unsullied then sold it to someone who didn't.

You can't control who does what to it, over the life of a car you can only do what you can.

The chap who bought Precious has been good to his word and looked after her so I guess you win some, you lose some.

I'm going to give it the best chance it has. Keep it standard, get it nice, advertise it to the right audience and hope.

In the meantime, I'll leave the plate on it so, while I own it at least, it will sort of still be Peter's car, just under my guardianship.

Rides
    I purchased this blank from eBay and even though my original key is much smaller in comparison, it works great.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-S...gAAOSwNRdYAMwY

Rides
    I'm going to try. I bought an S13 once before and spruced it up, sold it to someone in the club who kept it unsullied then sold it to someone who didn't.

You can't control who does what to it, over the life of a car you can only do what you can.

The chap who bought Precious has been good to his word and looked after her so I guess you win some, you lose some.

I'm going to give it the best chance it has. Keep it standard, get it nice, advertise it to the right audience and hope.

In the meantime, I'll leave the plate on it so, while I own it at least, it will sort of still be Peter's car, just under my guardianship.
    Let us know when your done i may be interested and have a great track record
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides

You can't control who does what to it, over the life of a car you can only do what you can..

Guy I sold my modded s13 to wrapped it round a lamppost about 4 months in.

Guy I sold my standard s13 to sold it to someone who smashed it into the arena essex wall.

Guy I sold my R32 to smashed it up somehow within 4 months and sold it for parts.

Oh well.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    It's verging on self abuse to reopen that particular wound ! neither myself nor the Virgin Mary has found it in our hearts to forgive for that yet ! Lol

Rides
    yeah i seriously havnt got over it yet either.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Yay
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Do you need a stock intercooler? im pretty sure i have a nice clean one unless it made it to the scrap yard

Rides
    I may well want one Aaron It wasn't making boost on the one occasion I drove it which could point to intercooler damage. Deffo don't chuck it away !

Rides
    An interesting little problem I have at the moment is that the DVLA are threatening to tow away my house, wife and children because i haven't taxed or SORNed the car.

I've tried to SORN it 3 times now : Once before registering it in my name, once afterwards and now because they've started threatening me.

However, the website won't let me and nor will the automated phone system. Why ? Because its already on SORN

Rides
    dvla system is just weird. I had the opposite they wouldn't let me tax a vehicle because it was showing as taxed by the previous owner, I got 10 months free tax though which was nice. sucks to be your way round LOL.

I tried to buy that ron-bones s13 off that brad guy when he mullered the engine but he wouldn't sell it me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    I tried to buy that ron-bones s13 off that brad guy when he mullered the engine but he wouldn't sell it me.
    Probably thought you'd drift it into some armco

(Sorry, Aaron. Someone had to say it )