Thread: Need a bit of help CA S13

Rides

Need a bit of help CA S13

Hello guys
    In a few days i will remove my engine and gearbox, to change a few things, like clutch, engine and gearbox mounts, crank vent pipes, remove oem oil cooler and place an external one, change bearings etc etc

1 - I need a few info's about rods bearings, my crank has stock nissan STD ones, and has no scratches on crank, should change for others STD ones without nothing more? Only change it because 130.000km+, and the FSM says to change each 100kkm. I'm willing to buy OEM Nissan std bearing.

2 - since I'm going to remove oil stock cooler, the whole thing, what you guys recommend about the water and crank case ventilation, about the tubes?

3 - anything else i can do, since the engine is out of he car?

Ps: already change the water pipe that goes under the plenum.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

Rides
    1. Standard bearings will be fine if your crank is in good shape

2. Retain the stock oil cooler, it helps the oil get up to temp quicker and also helps it cool, you can install an external cooler additionally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post
    1. Standard bearings will be fine if your crank is in good shape

2. Retain the stock oil cooler, it helps the oil get up to temp quicker and also helps it cool, you can install an external cooler additionally!

Ty for the fast reply.
    i forgot to say, but my mocal adapter has an internal thermostat Incorporated.
    About the bearings, it could be fine, but with more 30.000km on top of that manufacturer says? 100€ could simply became more than 1000, if not change, my honest opinion, maybe I'm wrong?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by humidade View Post
    Ty for the fast reply.
    i forgot to say, but my mocal adapter has an internal thermostat Incorporated.
    About the bearings, it could be fine, but with more 30.000km on top of that manufacturer says? 100€ could simply became more than 1000, if not change, my honest opinion, maybe I'm wrong?

If you're unsure you should check tolerances but many people just replace with std bearings if the crank is untouched and not damaged

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post
    If you're unsure you should check tolerances but many people just replace with std bearings if the crank is untouched and not damaged

I will check indeed