Thread: Full beam causing engine to stall

Rides

Full beam causing engine to stall

Seems like I always get the fun issues that no one else gets. My car will running fine then when I put the full beams on it cuts power to engine, by the sounds of it, it cuts the fuel pump? I’ve checked all grounds/fuses and all seem fine. Only thing I can think of is the actual full beam/headlight switch itself. But surely it wouldn’t cut the fuel pump? Anyone else had a gremlin like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Have you checked the loom under the drivers side arch liner? Having a wheel rub through that loom can cause all sorts of strange electrical problems. It's common on cars that are lower than standard.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Have you checked the loom under the drivers side arch liner? Having a wheel rub through that loom can cause all sorts of strange electrical problems. It's common on cars that are lower than standard.
    Have been there before, had a new loom and running 17”s so it don’t happen again, all seems fine there though

Rides
    Sounds like the loom to me as all the light looms and fuel pump run through it I think from memory

Rides
    You sure your battery is not knackered? Full beams could be putting a drain on a weak battery. Try putting some jumps leads on to your car from another battery and see if it still does it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    You sure your battery is not knackered? Full beams could be putting a drain on a weak battery. Try putting some jumps leads on to your car from another battery and see if it still does it.
    ^^^wot he said

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Battery was the first thing I checked, it’s a fairly new one and it didn’t drop any voltage, also still cranks the engine with no struggle. Going to check the loom as that’s the only thing I haven’t checked yet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by baileypoole_ View Post
    Battery was the first thing I checked, it’s a fairly new one and it didn’t drop any voltage, also still cranks the engine with no struggle. Going to check the loom as that’s the only thing I haven’t checked yet

Aha.. defo a ground or wiring then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk