Thread: No oil pressure

Rides

No oil pressure

So after the huge ballache it was to get the car running, I have 0 oil pressure. So the engines been stored with no oil for 2 and a half years. before storage it was fine, started on the button and the light always went out quick. I oiled the bores before I stored it, and checked it rotated freely by hand before installation. To start with I tried cranking it with the CAS unplugged to build oil pressure. After doing this I eventually started it, but the light didn't go out after 10 seconds so I turned it off.

Ive checked for oil coming from the spray bars with the oil cap open, and there's none (they've also be cleaned before anyone asks). However when i pulled the oil filter off and cranked it once, oil did shoot out the center of the filter head.

How long is it safe to run it at idle (1000rpm ish) with the oil light on? Is it normal for it to take a while? Is it possible the oil pump is seized/ needs priming?

Im coming to my wits end with this car, it has cost me way too much and has fought me every step of the way so far.

Rides
    Look oil pump, meybi broke oil gear :/

Rides
    If the engine came out and nothing has been disturbed just oil in the bores wind it over etc it is possible the sump is dented (the OE steel 'ashtray')
    and it's now too close to the pick up pipe and severely restricting the oil being drawn up,it sits really close and don't take much of a dent to cause it

Rides
    You checked the sump and oil pick up inside ? Quite common , I had this issue