Thread: S14a Brake Pads for Track Days

Rides

S14a Brake Pads for Track Days

I've always used Mintex 1144 / 1155 for the track on my old MX5, but they don't make them for the S14a! EBC coloured's don't butter my parsnips (they just melt) and wondered what your thoughts are for a decent pad which will stop when cold yet get nice and hot like the Mintex do?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ds2500 are popular I believe. Carbon Lorraine are another option.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Great, thanks for that Chris. I'll take a look

Rides
    I'm using DS3000's on my road legal track 200 and they've been pretty good so far. I ran DS2500 years ago and found they didn't stand up too well to heavy track use and the brake dust they emitted was immense. My wheels were literally never clean. Have also had nothing but positive results with Performance Friction discs and pads but supply seems poor and they're pricey. EBC is best left for the Ripspeed crew who want coloured pads to match their dust caps/rim tape/Samsung phone covers

Rides
    Lol, I couldn't agree more abt the EBC stuff! Even after being warned I still popped a set of reds on just to get out on the track to stretch it's legs and within an hour I'd detached the pad from the metal and glued it to the disc! Waste of time and money! Thanks for the heads up on the Ferodo....I've been hovering over the buy now on the DS2500 but I take your point. I don't mind a dusty pad but it's nice to see the colour of the alloy once in a while!

Rides
    EBC yellowstuff is ok IMO, but the amount of dust is immense...

Rides
    Pagid RS29 all round on mine, K Sport front, Brembo rear

Rides
    Project Mu Racing 999 Front ( Brembo R33 GTR), Project Mu type HC+ rear ( Brembo R33 GTR) + BMC57...for me best setup ( daily + trackday)

Rides
    I have a set of barely used project mu endless pads for 14a calipers for £40 posted if you fancy trying them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Carbone lorraine rc5 in mine, never overheated, good bite from cold and have done me 4 trackdays so far aswell as daily driving probably got 1 more trackday left in them!

Rides
    Do any of you S13/14 track day goers have any additional brake cooling other than having the arch liners removed?

Rides
    Carbon Lorraine's, work well hot or cold, last ages and most importantly they don't leave pad deposits which make your discs feel warped and result in you replacing them early, in my experience ds2500's will do and also won't last anywhere near as long.

EBC are shite as mentioned, mintex are old school compared to the newer ranges out now that out perform them

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Advice got better as thread went on!

I only use CL's now, they are just incredible but a Pagid RS29, decent Endless or the Mu Racing are all good. But buy the CL's, get some decent fluid in and some braided hoses and prepare to be amazed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go