Thread: D2 421mm brakes

Rides

D2 421mm brakes

Hi all.

The car I purchased has overkill front brakes on it.... Thinking of downgrading (maybe)

What are d2s like? Did a search and they are a whopping 3800 pounds!

Any info would be great.

Rides
    Looked into k-sport?

Rides
    D2 do smaller kits, as do K sport and various others. Depends what you plan to do. You can also pick up skyline stuff and 350z kits for not too much caash

Rides
    Skyline GTR or 350Z Brembos are perfect for road use

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    D2/KSport are all low cost/quality Big brake kids made in China. They typically don't hold their value like a Willwood or AP setup.

Depending on what you use the car for a 4 Port Z32/Skyline setup may work better for you.

Rides
    I have a refurbed Brembo GT 4 pot 355mm kit for a R34 up for sale currently for £700. Over £3000 new and comes with the required knuckles they fit straight on.

Rides
    Sorry if I wrote this bad... My car currently has these on it. Should I keep them on or change to something else?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by danielonline View Post
    Sorry if I wrote this bad... My car currently has these on it. Should I keep them on or change to something else?
    No. You should definitely buy mines ha!

In all honesty if there are no problems with them then I'd keep them.

Rides
    I'm more interested to know what car have you got 421mm front discs on!!!???

Rides
    K Sport and D2 are the same kits, both do smaller versions. I had 356mm 8 pots on my track car and they were excellent. When I came to sell them, there was no sign of deterioration in the components.

In hindsight, I honestly believe 330mm would have been more than enough stopping power and would have saved some unsprung mass.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    K Sport and D2 are the same kits, both do smaller versions. I had 356mm 8 pots on my track car and they were excellent. When I came to sell them, there was no sign of deterioration in the components.

In hindsight, I honestly believe 330mm would have been more than enough stopping power and would have saved some unsprung mass.

Thats good to know hopefully! I went for the 330mm K-Sport Kit for the front for my track car. Did you ever use the K-sport pad on track? Or which pad did you use?

Rides
    I used the K sport pad on track for a lot of track days without any issues. Once I had more confidence in my driving I started to eek them out, and then changed to DS2500s.

Rides
    i have the K-Sport 8 piston 330's on my car, running Bluestuff NDX pads. Pads have awful cold feel, but are strong and very reliable on long runs on track. Even more so now that I have the master cylinder to push them to the limit!

Saying all this though, I miss the days of my Honda Accord Type R, where it was all factory parts that were cheap and easy to maintain. Floating discs and 8 pot pads are expensive... If i was buying the parts now, i'd be buying R34 brembo stuff I think.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by danielonline View Post
    I'd be worried that your have stupidly huge wheels to fit these brakes making the ride shit and you like like a total plonker.