Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyres!

Rides

Tyres!

Random one, but I wondered which tyres everybody runs on their 200SX, and indeed daily / 200SX replacement these days?

It struck me last night that the people I know now tend to splurge on nice tyres, where previously when we were young and foolish many of us just went with what was cheap.

I wondered what the spread was like on here!

Rides
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on my Merc E350 at the moment, very happy with them.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my Z4M Coupe, they're not quite as good as the PS4 IMO.

Yokohama AD08R on the 200SX, haven't driven on these yet.

Rides
    From 5 years ago I have run Continental sport contact 3's on my dailies (also fitted to my 200, but haven't driven it on them yet), until last year when I moved to Michelin pilot sport 4's.
    I love the Michelins now, and would never run a cheap tyre.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    AD08R's on my Daily Chaser

Rides
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's for me on my s13. When looking for tyres I chose these due to countless recommendations and they were very well priced as well for what they are. Went for these over hankook v12's and continentals.

Definitely a good tyre to go for if it's going to be driven throughout the year. Very impressed with dry grip it completely changed the car, and in the wet it was 1000 times more noticeable how good they are compared to shitters. I can comfortably drive hard in the wet however with budgets on, the back end will happily come out just rolling around some corners/roundabouts off throttle which is insane.

Rides
    Cool beans - I thought it might be this way

In the interest of being 100% up front I have Nankang NS2-R 100 compound (Soft) on my 205 Gti.

My daily Focus has Goodyear Efficient Grip something or other, they were on the car when I bought it.

Rides
    ive got Uniroyal rainsport 3's on the front of mine. they have quite soft side walls so if I get another pair I will get the higher load rating ones as I guess they will be stiffer. otherwise a good tyre in the rain and dry.

Rides
    Maxxis Victor on my civic, no issues at all, handled a day at courborough sprint track.

Toyo Open Country AT on the touareg, exceptional good an Road 4x4 tyre that's OK off road and hard wearing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Eagle f1 asymmetric/pilot sport on the sx

Autogrip or some crap on the Audi
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Zonda's on the Mondeo I bought (came with) will prob go mid range when they decide to give up.

I run nangkang NS2-R on my westfield. I like them, I am quite limited as it runs a 14inch wheel. But decent enough on track, predictable and good on the road.
    The best bit was £240 for four......I was paying 200 for 1 tyre on the m3 I ran .

Rides
    Federal RSR on the Nissan, Haida on the Volvo since it's all motorway miles commuting. I used to be of the opinion that all cheap tyres are garbage but on a low-powered car they're fine as long as they're all matching and you remember to drive accordingly. On anything remotely quick though I would only have good tyres like Continental, Eagle F1s, Michelin PS etc.

Rides
    200SX wears Dunlop DZ03G's at the moment as I was track mad not too long ago. Great for dry circuit use, pretty rubbish for anything else. Very tempted to go for MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2's next. Not quite as track focussed but a better all rounder, hopefully. Looks like they might last more than two track days as well which is a bonus.

Uniroyal rainsport 3 on the Yaris daily. Pretty happy with them. Great in all weather and last OK too.

Rides
    Quite a few different tyres depends on the car really. On my little collection I've got:-

Missile S13 NA 120bhp- 15" Arrowspeeds (very hard compound cheap and cheerful, usually run whatever costs circa £20 brand new at the time)

100% stock S13 180SX 155bhp - 17" Dunlop Max sport TT ( Hard wearing, real stiff side wall being Kevlar banded) heat cycles are great for a road tyre car sits in the garage on axel stands as an ornament most of the year.

Drift car S14 420bhp - 18" Federal FZ201Fronts Westlake sport RS rear (good budget tyre, crazy grip until you hit the wear limit then they completely give up) used Achillies 123's previously which are loads better can get down to threads on those before loosing grip but still budget, would never use on the road too unpredictable after just one heat cycle. This car is now ****ed so will be breaking it into the missile, no more drifting just occasional fun.

Fast road car stock boost up S14A 260bhp - 18" Michelin pilot sport 3's great grip on the road however wear quite quickly, but everyone I know is running these(various BMW M cars I'm the black sheep in the group with rusty Datsuns as they say) so gave them a punt see how they do for a year so far outstanding levels of grip in all conditions except mud on the road.

Track car S15 480bhp - 18" Federal FZ201 dry 595 RS-RR for the wet. Similar to the T888R just last a tad longer, good for multiple heat cycles.

Transporter T5 T32 180bhp - 17" Goodyear M+S tyres last about 20k miles, but completely cooked anything over 110mph and they are then useless, bloody autobahn.

Stock Clio 182 17" - Michelin pilot sport 3's

I've dabled with tyres for years and even though I don't use them so much these days the Dunlop Max TT tyres are my recommendation for bang for buck even though I've just switched across to Michelin's, for an all round tyre, technology is constantly changing though so possibly better stuff out there now hence my recent change to Michelin. I've always fancied the Yokohama range too, I just can't justify the cost against similar results from cheaper tyres.
    It all depends what you want to do with the vehicle, what vehicle and budget really.

Rides
    Daily diesel cars - Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are cheap and quite good plus A rated and last well

SX - 3 sets of wheel - current R33GTRs with Federal RSR brilliant in dry for road and track - another set of R33GTR's with Toyo 888's not that much better than RSR and twice the cost - 350z 17's with RE050a a favourite tyre

Fun car that is neither daily or Sx - either F1 GSD3 or RE050A
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    I can highly recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1 A3s for road use. Changing over from worn 225s all round, to 225 front and 245 rear with the F1s has been a massive change. The wet grip is mind-boggling which is exactly what I wanted, don't want no sketchy stuff in the wet. In the dry you can comfortably push pretty damn hard on the road, I'll see what they're like when you push even harder on track at Teeside next week. They supposedly wear quickly when they get a lot of heat in them but for normal road use they're supposed to be quite durable. Prices aint bad at all.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Hi mate

Still the same as always for me! Megane rs daily runs toyo proxes t1-r's. Evo runs toyo proxes t1-r's. And a set of r888's. Sometimes.

Rides
    Hankook Ventus on mine on the front and ditchfinders on the rear that were already on there when I bought the wheels but will have hankook all round after a good burnout

Rides
    Firestone Roadhawk all round, TZ200 before this set and still running 1/2 worn set of TZ200 on 2nd car. Very boring compared to P6000 as they don't skid coming out of junctions but last twice as long - 24K miles.

Rides
    Uniroyal rainsport 3's on my E91 BMW 335d.

Quite surprised how well it gets the power down to the road, great in the wet and dry!

Toyo R888 & Dunlop direzza dz03g on the S14a Track Car.

Rides
    I've just pulled the pin on a set of Zestino Gredge 07RS. I just couldn't afford anything else and R-compounds aren't too clever this time of year anyway. I hope it works out OK....and my next thread isn't in the "breakers yard" section.

As good if not better than AD08R's, supposedly.

Here's a review I found: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...Tire-Test.aspx

Anyone tried them out yet?