Thread: Engine problems

Rides

Engine problems

Hello everyone! I have a 97 S14A with a black top SR and I recently installed yellow 550cc nismo injectors, and the car runs fine on idle and cruising and when flooring it, it runs good until about 4500 rpm and the car stutters really hard like it is leaning out or not getting fuel but according to the afr it is not leaning out at all, a little rich around 11. I also have Greddy Emanage Ultimate so i went and changed the after injectors to 550 and also played with the injectors to make the afrs somewhat good. I also have a walbro 255lph fuel pump. Anyone got any suggestions to what might be causing this? All help is appreciated

Rides
    I'd say it's ignition based maybe need to close the plug gaps down a bit or a coil pack giving up

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Are nismo injectors not 555cc?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah not really sure to be honest, I have read somewhere that the "new" yellow nismo 555cc injectors is in fact 615cc aswell so I have no clue, but yeah 555cc is the correct "name"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by vikeen View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a 97 S14A with a black top SR and I recently installed yellow 550cc nismo injectors, and the car runs fine on idle and cruising and when flooring it, it runs good until about 4500 rpm and the car stutters really hard like it is leaning out or not getting fuel but according to the afr it is not leaning out at all, a little rich around 11. I also have Greddy Emanage Ultimate so i went and changed the after injectors to 550 and also played with the injectors to make the afrs somewhat good. I also have a walbro 255lph fuel pump. Anyone got any suggestions to what might be causing this? All help is appreciated
    Are you 100% sure they were genuine? There have been alot of redrilled or fake nismos advertised on ebay recently, along with other common injectors (yellow RX8's for the turbo MX5 guys for example) and people have been having some serious issues getting the car to run right only to find it was down to a crap quality fake injector.

Rides
    Yeah pretty sure, they were not used by the former owner and I even got them in the original package, checked the serial number on the package and checked the head on the injectors and my conclusion was that they infact were real, but i have not flowtested them. But today i discovered my battery had died, and I have been using the car for pretty regulary now had a pretty long trip on saturday and, so in thinking maybe my alternator has done it's job, maybe it is some electrical that is causing the problems I am experiencing?