Thread: Sr20de in to s14

Rides

Sr20de in to s14

Hi guys. I have bought myself a s14 shell and an sr20de engine from a s15, complete with loom and ecu.

Has anyone ever done this conversion.
    I Am yet to get chance to have a proper look at the set up, but would like a bit of advice so I'm prepared.

As far as I have been informed I will need to change a couple of pins on the f4 plug?
    But I'm struggling to find any detailed wiring diagrams online. Or in the fsm.

I have basic electrical knowledge and wiring diagrams confuse the shit out of me.
    So if anyone has any links to pin out diagrams for both plugs that would be awesome.

Thanks guys .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I can honesty say you will struggle because it is a de and not a turbo to find someone who done this.

With a factory loom and some work im sure it is doable.

However given the work involved being Labour intensive and potentially fiddly electrical and glitches that come with any job you really should consider a turbo motor as an option.

My worry is by the time you add up the effort of doing it well the extra spend on a det gives you well a better base and the de may leave you disappointed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The de came in some jdm cars so it can be done for sure. Why go for the de though? Surely it's more work and worse in the long run?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    The de bolts in and everything connects as it would on a set engine.
    The whole package cost me next to nothing. I also quite fancy a de engine. So it's going in.

I'm just struggling to find wiring diagrams for the f4 plug. Which I have been told need a few pins moving due to the de using dizzy not a cas and coils.

It doesn't sound like a lot more work. Probably even less work than fitting a det engine.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Are there not de>det conversion guides out there that you could get an idea from?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I have searched the web and found nothing useful.
    I can't find any decent info on the wiring. The fsm is not very helpful either.
    I just need to find a decent pin out for the f4 plug. But it seems pretty difficult.

Rides
    The f4 is in the fsm I used it when I did an rb conversion. Pretty sure either the abs or wipers go through that one.

Rides
    There is no where in the manual that I have downloaded that tells me which pins on the f4plug go to where. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Rides
    No its made up for other bits so there should be a pic of the F4 with colours/ reference and then from the ecu pic you can see where they go. Its also under abs and wipers aswell as ecu I think

Rides
    If you do a search for rb25 to s14 guide it has the F4 connector in there and gives you a rough pin out. You then need your s15 pinout to work out what is missing/ going to need moving.

Rides
    Also fitting one of these until my turbo engine is done. Exact same shit but I'm considering fitting the cas and coils and just using the S14 loom

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Also fitting one of these until my turbo engine is done. Exact same shit but I'm considering fitting the cas and coils and just using the S14 loom
    That's what I'd do, then just get a custom map on Nistune.

Rides
    Yep I've got a nistune on my board so just download a de map onto it

Rides
    Even if you are using the S15 ecu it's a couple of pins and no Nats on them either.

Cas and £160 bag coil kit which you will want once you got turbo again anyway.