Thread: Help with engine swap from 14 to 14a shell

Rides

Help with engine swap from 14 to 14a shell

Hi all.

I have just taken the engine out of my rusty s14 shell to put it into a s14a shell. My mechanic has noticed a difference in looms for example the abs unit plugs differ. My question is will there be a lot of other differences? I have a s14a loom from another car but again would this work with s14 engine? Old car had nats too and new one doesn't.

Please help me out with a solution.

Rides
    You can run the s14 engine if it's the right combination, for instance s14a loom + s14a ECU. You would need to deactivate the NATS somehow though. Not so sure on the ABS plug.

I also believe the s14a cluster will not work on an s14 or vice versa. So there might be some differences in the interior loom as well...

Rides
    You really need to keep one system so if its going in an S14a You need the 14a loom plus ecu as mentioned. You also need the nats box and matching key from the s14a. You can get the nats removed from the 14a ecu which solves the engine wont run problem but youll be left without the car alarm functions etc.

Other option is to move the complete s14 stuff across so cluster etc and all the wiring abs and so on. Best option is see what you have most of to save having to buy a load of bits

Rides
    so your using an s14 engine loom in an s14a shell?