Thread: Amp fitting! Remote to Ariel power????

Rides

Amp fitting! Remote to Ariel power????

Hi fitting new stereo this week and need to run a remote wire to the amp to turn it on and off, as I believe the rear boot Ariel uses the same cable to make it switch on and extend when the stereo is turned on can I just run a much shorter and easier wire from the Ariel to the amp???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You could, I wouldn't
    You are already likely running a live and earth in large gauge wire, adding a small blue wire for the on/off signal is not a big drama and usually you run rca cables to the head unit as well, some cables actually bundle the blue wire along side the rca cables for this same reason.
    Aerial/Nissan wiring for remote on/off may cause issues with the amp not getting the signal at the correct time and could risk the amp staying on when cars off etc just simpler to run it directly to the headunit source IMO
    Not saying it's not possible or viable, just not what id do as the headunit blue wire is likely to lead to less issues and headache

Rides
    All the other cables are in and battery in boot hence why I asked but your right might as well do it just a bit longer

Rides
    Did the original disc changer have a remote wire I could use as think every thing for this is still in place????