Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DodgemSquad PS13

Rides

DodgemSquad PS13

Hi guys.

I've had my ps13 around a month or so now but a lot has changed already!
    This is how I got it:

138000 kilometers
    hks2540 turbo
    z32afm
    nismo 555s
    cusco 2 way
    paddle clutch
    hpi intercooler
    hpi airfilter
    hpi hard pipe from z32 to turbo
    arc alloy rad
    tein coilovers
    after market front tension arms
    after market front hubs for extra lock
    30mm extended lower arms
    aftermarket track rod ends an track rods
    all steering mods done in japan
    50mm rear quarters
    30mm front fibreglass wings
    fibreglass bumpers
    plastic side skirts
    rocket bunny boot spoiler
    red an clear back lights
    cusco rear strut brace
    hks boost controller
    60mm boost gauge
    nardi steering wheel
    flocked dashboard an centre console
    s14a leather front seats
    18x10 et 15 all round rota grids
    full stainless exhaust
    hpi exhaust manifold
    twin pipe down pipe
    decat pipe
    hks oil cap
    short shifter
    dildo gear knob
    project mn brake pads all round
    r32 gtr front discs an calipers
    rear locking collars

And it looked like this

When I got it the heater didn't work. It took a bit of research and trial but I finally realised I was missing the ambient air sensor (with help from nlrfy) and got one ordered (this allows the actuator arm to adjust the heater box) and got that sorted so was a nice tick off the list!

I'm not sure what blue This is but I've seen another ps in a similar colour. It's lovely with a nice metal fleck to it in the sun! Unfortunately I've changed a fair bit already to achieve what I'm after so it will be changing soon.

Here's how it currently sits:

I bought some lovely wheels. Knowing full well they won't go straight on, so ordered some +55mm origin type 3 front wings from Ireland to help the fitment issues.

The wheel specs are:
    Works rezax,
    Fronts - 18x10.5 et-24
    Rears - 18x12.5 et-10

......yes, they're wide! Haha

So anyway I realised the coilovers I had would not go any lower without any ghetto mods so decided to pick a set of rears up to help set my ride height to where I want it. They're only cheap eBay coils for the back but they will help me get my ride height and body work sorted for now and I will get something of better quality on in the future, although I feel if these had a stiffer spring they wouldn't actually be too bad!
    So here is how it sits with new rear coils on nice and low where I want it! Excuse the crap pic it's a screen grab from a video.

As you can expect with such aggressive fitment up front I had some arch clearance issues...
    So off it went to my mans workshop for tubs. I stripped the front end out ready for him and he did some cutting and welding and ended up with this

Obviously as some of you know there's some other work involved with this set up..... but I have clearance now and got the car home again.

So to do currently is:
    • relocate power steering reservoir
    • relocate engine loom/fuse box
    • do some fancy painting in the bay to clean it up

Amongst other things I have trimmed my door cards as they weren't in amazing condition to suit the flocked dash. It's not to everyone's tastes but I like it and it's a bit different. It's a crushed velvet velour and cost me under £20 to do

I've also recently put my bride revs recliner in too on a bride sliding rail and am in the process of finding some interior plastics.

I also have started my sticker collection as I love them Haha, and I've just released my own slaps too as seen on my photo (I run dodgemsquad still)

Hope you all like it and if you want to see shenanigans relating to the build and other stuff I'm doing follow my Instagram @dodgemsquad and my Facebook page www.facebook.com/dodgemsquad

Let me know what you think!

Rides
    The past couple of nights I've been slowly sorting the wiring for the fuse box relocation. Not a nice job if I'm honest but it needs doing so I've removed the front loom (headlights etc) and put inside the car behind the dash. The dash has obviously had to be removed to allow this which isn't too bad of a job itself.

I spent last night making some loom extensions up as the plugs for the headlights and sidelights and indicators are now behind the dash.
    Dash out

Made the passenger light loom, driver headlight loom and AFM loom up to route back into the car.

I picked some 6mm single core cable up to extend the large gauge cable for the starter cable extension.

I just need to make a loom to extend the fuse box plugs through to the bay and were ready to wire up and get the dash back in.

Rides
    Update regarding the loom tuck.

Synopsis:
    • Wired it all up
    • Tested
    • Had issues.
    • Diagnosed problems

So I thought I'd finished this wiring on Friday.

I went to test all the lights and everything seemed to be working until the following;
    When I tried the front fog lights with the dash button only the side lights would come on.
    When I tried full beam they worked but the fogs came on too!
    When I tried indicators and hazard lights the fuse popped.

So upon doing some testing I checked the wiring for shorts. I came to the conclusion that the short was somewhere on the indicator loom (given that them fuses popped it was kind of obvious) but still a pain in the arse to track down! It could have been anywhere!!!

I did numerous point tests by disconnecting the loom in the middle to start with and testing each end to earth and tracked it down to 1 single wire on the indicator loom between the center console and the glove box area (new fuse box location)
    I decided rather than cutting the loom again I'd just pull that cut end back through and check for damage. It ended up being down in the passenger footwell where the problem was found.
    There are 2 unused indicator plugs (1x male 1x female) looked a perfect match, fitted together... seeing as it was an easy place to disconnect this wire and test it isolated I unplugged and checked continuity to earth again and surprisingly found nothing on either side of that loom. I checked the plug and found that although it plugged in perfectly I'd made a stupid mistake an assumed that it was supposed to plug in!! When plugged in I saw the wires were swapped either end of the plug (positive went to negative)
    So that solved that problem.

I still had an issue with the fog lights though which I had an idea that maybe I had wired another one of the redundant 2 wire plugs to it instead of the fog wires. A quick voltage check on some plug ends using the fog light button proved this and I swapped the relevant wires onto the correct loom.

Looking back at the prep I did for this it is obvious I rushed the preparation. When taping on Id's I only did bunches. So rather than each 2 wire section of loom saying "indicators" I just put id on the bunch saying "O/S headlights"

So there we have it.

I still need to find a universal washer bottle with pump to locate somewhere tidy and I'd also like a small expansion tank to go in somewhere too with the new tubbed archs.

The tubs are currently being cleaned up and smoothed ready for a paint and there are some rather large developments underway for a new look in the next few weeks!

Here's a pic from after a successful road test and no fires!

Rides
    Looks stunning mate! Front wheels are a bit ott for me! But I am old as feck

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    This looks awesome!! Love a good ps13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Wire tucking the engine bay & ecu loom is the last big jobs on my s13. I'm absolutely dredding it.

Rides
    Been quite a few updates lately I haven't really updated on...

I've gone dmax type 3 full kit and a nismo style bonnet from ep racing.

See pics...
    Here's the current interior state

The exterior. (Full colour coming soon....)
    The wing is going too

It's taken some work to get it sat right the front could do with a tad bit more lowering but the tyres are restricting this currently.

I've pinched the rear over fenders a bit to give the wheel clearance when I hit bigger bumps so instead of smashing the arch it now slides inside (giggity)

If you guys like it go follow us on fb and Instagram @dodgemsquad as I update that daily

Rides
    I like the duck tail, it would be a shame to get rid of it.

Rides
    Update time.

I haven't been keeping up with my build thread but things are moving along!

A colour was picked for the vinyl wrap and I got the stuff ordered and have been slowly wrapping bit by bit (the cars off the road for winter now so there isn't really any rush!)

I've never wrapped before but Sean has and gave me a hand. He's wrapped his 350z which has proven to be a much simpler car to wrap due to its bubble shape and lack of sharp edges and vented wings etc!
    Never the less we've ploughed on and as it sits now there is the following left to wrap:

Passenger door
    Boot
    Rear quarter edges (over fenders cover the rest)
    And bonnet!

Unfortunately I don't won't to reveal the actual colour just yet until it's all done! But I LOVE it!!!

I also got some custom led corner lights from japan which really set off the colour too!

Some of you might remember I had some trouble freeing my front coilovers off. I spent weeks..... and I mean WEEKS TRYING!
    I tried everything.
    Soaked in coca cola
    Soaked in diesel for a week!

I bought a 34"stilson and sacrificed the top threads of the coil (unused bit) and managed to free 1 off... but the passenger side has defeated me and I've given up and ordered some hsd.

I think this is the best route for me considering the ride height I'm aiming for I was able to pick custom spring rates.
    I've gone for
    18k front
    16k rear!
    Super stiff, but it will all be apparent when they're fitted and sat right

I picked some 'drift wheels' up yesterday too. Great price and they're great sizes I couldn't pass them up... however I had planned to go for a narrower wheel with a more aggressive offset for drifting on to make tyre fitting easier/cheaper but we will see for now.

So that's about it for Now!

More updates to come.

Rides
    18kg/mm! That isn't suspension that's a solid rod at each corner

Rides
    Hahaha

Rides
    Chiropractor on speed dial mate?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlea73 View Post
    Chiropractor on speed dial mate?
    Do You know any good ones?
    It isn't a daily luckily haha I can put up with it for leisure driving and drifting. If it proves to be too much I'll buy another set of springs at a lower rate

Rides
    mm perfect stance requires the right weaponry when the car is down in its final form you will be thankful of them rates haha

Some fitted static VIP cars run 60k plus springs so these are mild in those terms.

Oh yeah your cars pretty nice to mate haha

Rides

The hsd are on.... and I managed to wrap some more panels. It's slowly coming together and will soon be ready for the colour reveal!

Rides
    just came across this thread! really liking the new kit on it and looking forward to the new colour

I must say...them door cards....i still dont know if i like them or not but they do have something very japanese-ish about them may i ask was it much hassle to do them?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nessie View Post
    just came across this thread! really liking the new kit on it and looking forward to the new colour

I must say...them door cards....i still dont know if i like them or not but they do have something very japanese-ish about them may i ask was it much hassle to do them?
    The door cards weren't too bad! They covered up the awful scratches and holes in the door cards so I'm happy enough but I'd take a bit more care if I did them again with trimming

Rides

Rides
    So the car is 99% wrapped. sorry again for the black and white photo's. I dont want to post the colour up until i get a decent quality photo of it as its really hard to get the colour to look how it does in person!

Rides
    Well here we go guys!

The colour... Not sure how many of you guys are reading this thread but drop a comment and let me know what you think!

If you're on Instagram go follow us @dodgemsquad