Thread: Bc valve springs with stock cams

Rides

Bc valve springs with stock cams

Basically I'm pulling the head off as I have a slight coolant pressurisation issue I'm gunna get the head skimmed and run a MLS and arp studs I'm thinking while the head is off I'm gunna install new valve stem seals

I'm considering putting some Brian crower up rated springs in to future proof it as I may go for cams down the line are there any disadvantages to running stiffer springs on stock cams like will the vct sprocket wear faster etc

Thanks

Rides
    AFAIK it'll run fine cams aren't vital with the BC springs and retainers, for the £300 or so for cams it seems a bit of a false economy to do all that work and not stick some cams in
    Poncams or hks 256/260 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I'm running the Brian crower springs in my car dude, they are a lot stiffer than the standards.i changed mine as I was getting valve bounce high up in the rev range.

Rides
    I'm planning to stick some cams in when funds allow along with a nistune and map but it seems far easier to do the springs while the head is off instead of risking dropping a valve into the bore or loosing a collet down an oil gallery

Rides
    I changed my valve springs in situ with the head still on, piece of cake buddy just took my time. It was one of the best modifications I have done as the standard valve springs are very soft. It revs a lot crisper to redline now and I don't have to worry about limiter bashing lol

Rides
    I have a set of genuine nissan valve stem oil seals for sale if you want them :-)

Rides
    How much you after for them mate ?

Rides
    There £75 from nissan will do them for £35 if you want them