Thread: Who else hates their job

Rides

Who else hates their job

As above. Really hating my job lately I have a good title and pay but the day to day activities suck. I haven't got an administrator which leaves me doing a 18 year old girls job a lot of the time. At this stage of my life and career I never thought I'd spend my day dealing with meaningless tosh. Rant over.

Rides
    I would much rather be sitting at home working on a decent alcohol addiction than be here, however sinking pints of Guinness doesnt pay the bills so here i am.

Rides
    I'm currently on my 15minute break from working in a factory putting paper rolls in a box, then on a pallet, repeat 150 times, start again. I sure love it! Can't complain too much since I'm a uni student and do feck all the majority of the year, but just wanted to say that I'm sure there's always worse jobs.

Rides
    Oh yeah most definitely worse jobs out there! When I was studying I did a day in a cake factory in the wash up area, not a pleasant job at all.

Rides
    I have found my job has gone down hill dramatically since we were taken over 5 yrs ago,

when Ze germans owned us, at least they had some interest in keeping a skilled workforce, but now the yanks are in its all about profit and what they can screw the public for and send back. the training is almost non existent and the pay is abysmal compared to peers who are just 10 or even 5 yrs older (company cars and final salary pensions with a good 10k extra basic pay for the most useless of employee in their 50's)

I just seem to be doing more and more trivial shit because the new guys are seriously under qualified, and its getting dangerous.

When we were MEB we went for over a decade without a fatality, Ze germans never killed anyone - under the Yanks we have had 4 deaths in 5 yrs!

But then ....... not many places in S-o-T will do you 75K a year (although that's with a LOT of compulsory OT and a fair amount of risk)

Rides
    Double post - cause even my laptop isn't interested in my job anymore

Rides
    Many years ago i had the best job i ever had, pro games tester

Testing all the latest games and consoles, level design etc, play footie at lunch, go for beers after work, company pays for loads of great trips out, alas i had to start a "proper" career!!!
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Me! Only because of what it's become/is becoming. I'm a firefighter and love it, but funding cuts and rumours of what's to come is making me question it. No-one cares about the firefighters or the communities we serve. It's all just procedure and the organisation covering it's arse, regardless of the moral dilemma it puts us in or how much it ties our hands behind our backs.

I've always loved it and treated it more than just something to pay the bills, but when the airport fire service are recruiting I'll go for that. They aren't at the mercy of cuts, get 20% more and have a better pension. It won't be rewarding at all in the same sense a community job is, but I'll just have to treat it as a 'something that funds my escapades' type job.

It really is a shame that management and the government are able to drive away motivated, dedicated, hard working people who genuinely care about their communities through their abysmal practices and management.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I work in a supermarket and my shift today was 04:00 to 15:30. It's less than ideal.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I work in a supermarket and my shift today was 04:00 to 15:30. It's less than ideal.
    Doesn't know if it wants to be a nightshift or a dayshift. That's got to be one unsociable shift pattern man

Rides
    I have a well paid job, I do my own admin and I also do anything than needs doing. Sometimes its easier to do something than it is to ask someone else to do it.

I treat the cleaners with the same respect that I do the boss. Everybody is there to earn a living.

I have an 18-yr-old daughter. The fact that you think she is "only fit" to do admin, I find depressing TBH.

Rides
    I sometimes hate my job but you get stuck in a rut don't you. I don't think I'd be able to do any other job though. I wouldn't mind if the pay was good but it's not. Hopefully I'll have enough money one day to open my own garage or do a job that's easier.

Rides
    I used to hate my job, but then I've worked in pizza factory's , potato packing warehouses and all that normal kind of crap. Now I've managed to luck out and spend my days restoring classic British sports cars. Currently got 3 db6, 2 dbs, a Jensen and a couple of bentleys on the go. It's not the best pay but I enjoy going to work now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Everybody hates their job for some reason or another. I'm a self employed CAD designer. I've been working for an agency that employ me to sit at a desk in Ford Dunton for over 5 years now. It's great, in that I'm kind of my own boss. I can work what hours I like, within reason, I do my own time sheets, I drink subsidised Costa coffee... What sucks is I don't get paid holiday, sick pay or a pension. Yes I get reasonable money but I haven't had a pay rise in a few years now and the tax rules keep changing so the permies are catching us up. The only way to get a rise it would seem is to leave. Literally bugger off somewhere for 6 months, on more money and then return on more money with whatever agency pays the most. I haven't actually tried that yet but many have. I'm quite happy with the fairly relaxed conditions here though and my 20 minute commute. Means I get to spend more time at home playing with the car....sorry, I mean children

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post

I have an 18-yr-old daughter. The fact that you think she is "only fit" to do admin, I find depressing TBH.

What I mean is someone with no work experience just starting their career or someone with no aspirations, that's who should be doing admin. I had to a mail merge for the first time yesterday! My job band is management level and others with the same job title have administrative support

Rides
    I like my job.
    Though i flip between happy and loosing my nana on a regular basis its still not so bad.

I cant handle being board so allot of my job is what i make of it. I do my own admin and middle management.

I still remember working making pateo slabs in a concrete works in my teens. Now that was a shit job, no matter what i did my back was in bits. Moved on to tending block layers which was tough but no bad back.

Years later an office job is fairly soft. Doesnt rain in an office or freeze in the morning. Though more dickheads in an office for some reason....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleansc View Post

I have an 18-yr-old daughter. The fact that she is "only fit", I find depressing TBH.
    Bring her to the next HWH meet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Them feels.

I used to work in a supermarket like Chris, was fed up with the lazy nightshift leaving me to do everything working 9pm until 7am Thursday to Sunday meaning I saw my girlfriend for about 2 hours a day and we lived together. Got fed up, applied for a job and got it. I'm now a milkman working from 1am/2am and I'm normally back home before 10am. Whole day to myself and it's Monday to Friday.

If you hate your job then change it man