Thread: Oil temp and pressure gauges without sandwich plate CA18DET

Rides

Thumbs up Oil temp and pressure gauges without sandwich plate CA18DET

Hey guys,

I couldn't find any information so I tried myself to figure it out.
    As i recently installed an oil cooler with a Mocal plate, I didn't like the idea to stack two plates one over another, as it might leak.. So i had to get rid of the sensor plate.
    I installed the oil pressure gauge via t-piece to the stock oil pressure switch. You need to buy an adapter 1/8 bspt male(engine block) to 1/8 bspt female(oil switch) and 1/8 npt female (gauge sensor).
    The oil temperature sensor is now placed at the standard oil/water cooler. It has a tap, which you can unscrew with an allen key. The thread size is 3/8 bspt. so you need an adapter 3/8 bspt male (to oil cooler) to 1/8 npt female (to gauge temp sensor).

Both adapters are used quite frequently by Evo owners.
    I'll upload images soon.

Cheers

Rides
    Pictures would be ace, those sandwich plate adapters always leak

Rides
    I am in the exact same situation. I got an adapter and planned on putting the oil temp in the same hole as the pressure sensor. I'd love some pics please yes.

Rides
    Same boat too, bought a sandwich plate but leaked out of the threads for the sensors. Would be interested to see where the oil cooler tap is as well.

I plan on T'ing off the stock pressure switch too for the gauge pressure feed.

The oil temp one I'm however stuck on where to put it into so this could be a good solution. Would taking the temp from the oil cooler really be giving an accurate reading of engine oil temp? Or is the takeoff before the oil is cooled?(assuming the cooler does make some difference to temp)

Rides
    Don't T" the standard oil pressure hole, it will brake due to the weight and vibrations. Use a 90° elbow and LMA extension hose.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by polcastrol View Post
    Don't T" the standard oil pressure hole, it will brake due to the weight and vibrations. Use a 90° elbow and LMA extension hose.
    Then, I'll test the tensile properties of the fitting . Dont think it would matter that much, it will take ages to break, as both sensors are quite light and the fitting is short and thick.
    Also Nissan themselves fitted similar thing on the top of the plenum - the F.I.C.D.
    Last edited by m17ch; 25-07-2017 at 14:24.

Rides
    Its been tested before(forum is more then 10years old) and failed many times. Different location = different vibrations.
    Do you have a brass, steel or stainless one?
    Did you think about the car/bikers that will crash if it fails and leaks all over the road?

Rides
    Yeah that's why I got a steel one. I'm gonna put all 3 sensors there. Temp won't be super accurate but it's my only option. Should be accurate enough to read any problems with the temperature.

Rides
    Here are the pictures. Both adapters are made of steel. Might switch to a braided hose for the lower one in the future.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk