Thread: R33 rear brakes

Rides

R33 rear brakes

Quick question guys

I have this set up on my car and changed the pads today and noticed that they wore more on the top edge than the rest, anyone shed any light as to why??

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Strange one. The only thing that I can think of that one end was catching. i.e. it was not sliding freely. Check the slider pins and clean off the caliper surfaces.

Rides
    Also just thinking, was anti rattle shims fitted so that the whole piston sits on them, rather than just part of the piston sitting on the shim as that would force the pad into the disk at an angle.

Rides
    When I took them apart the whole shim was touching the piston, I did clean them all up and check if moving correctly and they do its just a strange one ad I've never seen it before.

They were pretty tough to take the sliders out to begin with abd the pads had two shims on which one of then had rusted and split so that could well have been the problem??

I'll keep any eye out on them.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Rides
    That sounds like your problem right there. The slider pins should smoothly come out with a small push. Having two shims can cause them to kind of grab or dig into the slider pin so effectively holding the pad from sliding.