Thread: S14 rebuild advice

Rides

S14 rebuild advice

Hi all,

I'm just after some advice really about best routes to run all new brake lines, fuel lines and power leads. I'm wanting to have a swirl pot and external pump in the back and use ptfe braided hose for supply and return through the cabin. Was thinking of doing same with the brake lines as I'll be running a hydro anyway on the rear line. And having a battery box in boot aswell or behind passenger seat. I should mention aswell car is fully stripped out with a cage. So any advice on where to drill bulk head and hose sizes and lengths I'll roughly need would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be amazing aswell

Cheers
    Adam

Rides
    I'm currently doing the PTFE fuel lines in my s14a track car.

First problem is getting a decent connector to go from your push fit male barb end on the top of your fuel tank to the PTFE fuel line.

The only way i can see of doing it is to have a little bit of rubber pipe going from the tank to a -6 barb to PTFE fixing.

I'm personally trying to NOT have any connections in the cockpit. So every join us under the cover where the tank is and one piece will run all the way through the car and out of the bulkhead into the engine bay. Therefor if any fixing was to fail the fuel only goes in the engine bay or under the tank and not all over you.

i bought 25 feet of (8mm) PTFE hose, inner diameter 7.6mm outside diameter 10.6mm - cost £58 from ebay

I've just done Copper pipe for all the brake lines, Brake bias valve and Hydro.

Rides
    Yeah I don't want any connections in cabin but I'm gonna put a fire wall across hole into boot seeing as I'll have swirl pot in there and external pump/filter set up. As far as connecting to the fuel tank I was just going to try bearing back the braid and getting a good jubile to clamp it on to the tank barb, is the barb -6 then? Would the braided hose you mentioned be to baggy on the barb? In my set up I'd only need to run a short bit of line from the tank to the swirl pot, then could up the size to external pump and then to rail. All the size confuse me an -6 etc haha. As for the copper pipe for brake line how much roughly did you use cos I'll be running same, a bias valve and a hydro.

Cheers for advice man

Rides
    Don't forget if you run braided lines through the cabin it will stink of fuel all the time in there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    I'm currently doing the PTFE fuel lines in my s14a track car.

First problem is getting a decent connector to go from your push fit male barb end on the top of your fuel tank to the PTFE fuel line.

The only way i can see of doing it is to have a little bit of rubber pipe going from the tank to a -6 barb to PTFE fixing.
    S15 and R34 tank lids have push fit fittings that you can connect directly to -6

Rides
    i thought if i was using ptfe lines it'd stop the smell??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adam54 View Post
    i thought if i was using ptfe lines it'd stop the smell??
    I've ran PTFE braided lines under the car and when I open the garage now it smells of fuel so I'd imagine the smell inside the car would be there