Thread: Complete Noobie S14 owner requires schooling

Rides

Complete Noobie S14 owner requires schooling

Hi All,

just purchased my first turbo car - an S14 Kouki! Needless to say im chuffed but it has a few niggling issues which i need to ask some people more knowledgeable than i about!

Any help would be great on any points!

So the central locking doesnt seem to always work ? Is this something im doing wrong or the car? The alarm chirps and primes / disarms fine and im sure it did lock / unlock a couple of times.

The steering pump is squealing loudly, the reservoir is low and on the MOT (previous owner) it states : Power steering component(s) has slight seepage from a component steering rack (2.3.3b) what is this likely to be ? I also cannot tell what sort of fluid to put in it - doesn't seem to have a colour , maybe red if id have to guess.

Im in need of a flame red bumper as mines a mess - a good place to find spares would be ?

The Tach and Odometer aren't working - take out and solder the joints?

thanks alot all, apologies for the obvious questions have done some searching and know some of the known issues but just wondering on a few opinions!

Kind regards

A

Rides
    bump

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome

Does the central locking work at all? Mine is intermittent on the drivers side and I believe it's a weight/plunger in the door. Is yours not working on both doors?

I have a power steering leak too. I'm going to fit a new or refurbished rack when I get the chance and will check the hoses, think I used Halfords pas fluid but possibly atf fluid from memory. Mine is reddish too.

For bumpers try a wanted thread on here , sure someone will have one.

Clocks are a regular fail, some manage to solder the joints but others simply swap them out
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    thanks Chris,

think im narrowing it down - seems i have an autowatch alarm i had no idea about. Will have to give them a call and worse case get someone out to take a look. Like i say im sure the central locking worked once or twice and works with the key so fingercrossed it can be fixed.

thanks

Rides
    Power steering fluid is Dexron 3 according to the service manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    How many key robs do you have? You should have three. Two normal and one "master" written on it.

They may of become unsynced and reprogramming to the car
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    i have 2 normal black keys accompanied by 2x auto watch fobs and one grey key by itself ? On none of the keys i have can i see the word master anywhere or on the fobs! Both fobs work as i say but dont activate the central locking.

Rides
    If its an s14 it wont have a master fob only the 14a did.

The fobs are the same as rover cars of the time so you can rob a rover remote to repair yours if the boards are ok inside. I would check the second alarm hasnt been plumbed into the central locking causing as issue.