Thread: I can't handle it anymore ( sr20det redtop s13)

Rides

I can't handle it anymore ( sr20det redtop s13)

Long story short: 200sx s13, ca18det. swapped to sr20det. Was working fine. Pulled some things out like both manifolds, IC piping, put on a bigger turbo (s15) and 555cc injectors. Injectors are leaking most likely, so I put back my stock ones (370cc) and a Power fc d-jetro (map sensor).

So, replaced everything i needed to replace. Had some problems at first like not revving past 2k, but that was most likely too much air in my coolant. After I fixed that it would rev to 4.5k and then it would feel like launch control (popping from exhaust). Had this problem for a month or so. Today I thought; you know what? lets hook up my stock ecu and see what happens. I extended the maf wiring since I got a new harness (changed the pinouts on the small plugs) and hooked up my MAF.

Fuel pump priming, and I wanted to start the car andddddddddddddddddd nothing. It only cranks. There is voltage on the coilpacks. I don't even think it has to do something with my injectors, sparkplugs or coil packs. It is working fine with my apexi power fc. Checked the stock ecu for codes and I got code 55, so nothing is wrong I guess. Even if the maf is hooked up wrong it should start but should run crappy right?

Why does my aftermarket ECU works, but my stock ecu not? The stock ECU was always working fine.

edit; it isn't getting any fuel. Injectors are not firing with stock ecu, but somehow work with aftermarket ecu.....
    Last edited by shirohige; 09-07-2017 at 13:07.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shirohige View Post
    Long story short: 200sx s13, ca18det. swapped to sr20det. Was working fine. Pulled some things out like both manifolds, IC piping, put on a bigger turbo (s15) and 555cc injectors. Injectors are leaking most likely, so I put back my stock ones (370cc) and a Power fc d-jetro (map sensor).

So, replaced everything i needed to replace. Had some problems at first like not revving past 2k, but that was most likely too much air in my coolant. After I fixed that it would rev to 4.5k and then it would feel like launch control (popping from exhaust). Had this problem for a month or so. Today I thought; you know what? lets hook up my stock ecu and see what happens. I extended the maf wiring since I got a new harness (changed the pinouts on the small plugs) and hooked up my MAF.

Fuel pump priming, and I wanted to start the car andddddddddddddddddd nothing. It only cranks. There is voltage on the coilpacks. I don't even think it has to do something with my injectors, sparkplugs or coil packs. It is working fine with my apexi power fc. Checked the stock ecu for codes and I got code 55, so nothing is wrong I guess. Even if the maf is hooked up wrong it should start but should run crappy right?

Why does my aftermarket ECU works, but my stock ecu not? The stock ECU was always working fine.

edit; it isn't getting any fuel. Injectors are not firing with stock ecu, but somehow work with aftermarket ecu.....

reason is that pfc ecu is using different ecu pin for fuel pump relay that your oem ecu. ecu loom was adapted for pfc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by raddy. View Post
    reason is that pfc ecu is using different ecu pin for fuel pump relay that your oem ecu. ecu loom was adapted for pfc.
    Problem was the voltage. I wired each injector to a 12v source and it fired up and worked like it should work.

What could cause low voltage to my injectors? they are at 6v and keep dropping till they reach 0.02v.

Rides
    when you did the sr20det conversion did you move the brown wire on the brown f8 connector to match up with the chassis loom?

low voltage to the injectors will be either a relay breaking down (coil relay is int the fuse box by the battery), or a damaged cable. the injector feed is a larger blue/red stripe wire

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by norfy View Post
    when you did the sr20det conversion did you move the brown wire on the brown f8 connector to match up with the chassis loom?

low voltage to the injectors will be either a relay breaking down (coil relay is int the fuse box by the battery), or a damaged cable. the injector feed is a larger blue/red stripe wire
    Yes the conversion was done a long time ago, but I had to buy a new harness. I matched the colors from the plugs ye.

Alright ill check the relays later, thanks.

Edit this is going to sound really weird. When i start my car without the 12v wires and I use my multimeter to check the voltage (ignition on or starting the car, doesnt matter) it says 60v and it keeps dropping. When I start it it says 60v and when I rev it will go to 14v...
    Last edited by shirohige; 10-07-2017 at 15:43.

Rides
    Alright. On the big plug that you have to re-pin there was this one red wire not where it shouldve been. Thanks to that my multimeter was reading 60v. Checked the CA18 chassis plug and there were 2 red wires. Switched the wire from the SR harness plug and the injectors were reading 12v like it should be. It was all because of that shitty wire.