Thread: S14a

Rides

S14a

Hi people new to the forum thought I'd give a go on here, anyways I've recently come across a problem with my s14a it seems once my car starts to hit boost it starts to judder/kangaroo like it doesn't want to go I have not got a clue what could be causing this I've checked for boost leak, fuel problem and maf it isn't any of thee turbo is fine aswel I had it in the garage for a guy to look over it ended up having a mess about with it he jacked the car up and drove it while stationary and it ran and boosted fine but as soon as he took it on the road it didn't want to go, I'm abit confused on this and haven't got a clue whats causing this problem I'm not much of a mechanical minded person so and help I'd appreciate

Thanks sol

Rides
    Did you pressure test the intercooler pipeing?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yes done all of the simple solutions mate

Rides
    Sounds like a faulty coil pack to me.

Rides
    What boost pressure is it running, what fuel?

Rides
    Boost was at 14psi ran perfect when I got it then started having problems with it when it got to around 4k revs it would start to stutter but I could creep it past 4k then it would go upto redline but then a few days later I was on my way home and had to slam on then it sent my car weird I pulled out at a junction then it went really bad and starting stuttering/kangarooing got it to a garage then went and seen the guy we had a play around with it then he ended up jacking the car up and he drove it and it boosted fine while it was stationary up in the air bit as soon he tried to drive it on road it would start kangarooing when he set off its when it starts to come on boost he's checked over the common problems which were boost leak, fueling issues and maf but nothing was wrong cars in the garage as we speak so

Rides
    Have you noticed if the problem is worse when hot? The casing on the coil packs can crack quite easily due to expansion which will cause it to run like shite , especially at temp, so inspect them all if you haven't already.

I'd also check your timing on diagnostics and at the block, and also make sure your CAS is adjusted correctly (there's good guides online just Google SR20 CAS setting).

You say you checked fuelling issues, did you check what pump is in there? Anything less than a walbro or similar isn't going to be up to the job for 14psi, so that could be an issue if the stock pump is in there still.

Good luck getting it sorted mate!

Rides
    Try another maf sounds like similar to a maf problem I had