Thread: Whole host of questions! noob!

Rides

Whole host of questions! noob!

All answers are appreciated

My S13 has had solid engine mounts fitted by previous owner and it just shakes too much on idle, can anyone recommend an alternative?

Also it's had S14 brakes fitted, what's the best pads to buy for the car?

I have an LSD going in next week to replace the welded diff, what oil should I use in the diff?

Yes I have more questions!!

Can you weld a bucket seat with normal mounts to original s13 runners? My drivers seat is fixed and once I find a replacement I'll want to fit it on to runners and then bolt it in to the car

Anyone know where I can buy a proper oil catch can to replace the plastic bottle that's taped to the end of the breather pipes?

Thanks you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by powders View Post
    All answers are appreciated

My S13 has had solid engine mounts fitted by previous owner and it just shakes too much on idle, can anyone recommend an alternative?

OEM filled with poly, hardrace or vibratechnics SEEM to be good, will be going hardrace soon personally. Just make sure its a 2 bolt design and not a straight through design

Also it's had S14 brakes fitted, what's the best pads to buy for the car?

EBC yellow, red, green are all good

Anyone know where I can buy a proper oil catch can to replace the plastic bottle that's taped to the end of the breather pipes?

EBay, lots of different types, colours etc. Put some washing up wire (not sure what its called) in the catch can, will help the oil stick and stay in the catch can

Thanks you in advance
    Hope these help a little lol

Rides
    S14 pads - A lot of people on here run Ferodo ds2500, I have done in the past too and don't personally rate them. Carbone Lorraine rc5 (or rc6 for track work) are the ones to go for if you want to feel a real difference to braking, I love them! Also heard good things about project mu's or ebc yellow but haven't personally used them.

Catch can as above, my ebay one has been fine for 7-8 years....

Regarding seat, if its anything like an s14a (probably not a million miles difference tbf...) I used to have a base mount bucket bolted to modified standard rails, worked fine but sat a little high. Now I have side mounted buckets bolted to floor, sits lower and feels a lot more sturdy.

Oil for diff, anything decent from Opie Oils. Redline, fuchs or the likes... think off the top of my head its 75w-90 but don't quote me on that!

Rides
    Thank you guys / all really helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I have some project mu s for sale and a catch can. Pm me if interested. As stated seat will sit high on standard rails so people use side mounts. Did oil needs to be 75/90 preferably gl4. If you use Fuchs it will make 2nd gear notchy when cold

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ran both mu's and ds2500s on my old bus, they both performed excellently.

Rides
    I have someone else after the project mus so if you could reply to my pm letting me know if you want them or not, I'd be grateful. Ta

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk