Thread: Rocket Bunny Width

Rides

Thumbs up Rocket Bunny Width

On peoples rocket bunny projects how are you making the track wider?
    Spacers are out the question as I wouldn't feel safe running mega wide spacers to make it work (and it will look rubbish).
    I want to run my wheels which are 10J with a pretty ordinary +25 offset. what can you modify to make the track wider front and rear?

(Drift comp car build.)

I know Wisefab makes the car a bit wider but seems a bit excessive and pricey just to get some more width to fill part of the arches.
    Must be a sensible way of doing it.

Cheers in advance.

Alex.

Rides
    S14 subframe is slightly wider but not enough to fill rb arches.

Rides
    I have an r32 subframe for front but stock s13 rear.
    I will see if any pop up. if there isnt an easier option.

cheers
    Last edited by alexdrifts1; 30-06-2017 at 11:13.

Rides
    On a drift car it is a combination of things. A lot of them arent running stock engines so it is possible front subframes arent stock. All of then are running adjustable arms which can push the wheels further out. All of them are running wider wheels and a whole bunch of then are running spacers. Not as unsafe as you might think. Seem a 730hp toyota AE86 with 10cm spacers on each side. But on a competition car it isnt a problem replacing bearings a bit more often.

Rides
    Rocket Bunny arches are like 80mm on the rear? You're way off with +25, need something like -50 to fill them. Anything you can buy to change the offset/track is only really for small adjustments. You need new wheels

Rides
    14 subframe gives 10mm per side,and need off-set bushes and some other mods to fit the frame to a 13
    there is a stagea c33? (iirc) frame that is 20mm wider per side,getting that to fit is custom work only, seen it done down under in OZ
    a lot of graft to gain 10 or 20mm imo
    adjustable lower arms f&r longer steering rods (s14 with a spacer?),camber top mounts and slotted turret holes, + adjustable rear arms set
    may need some spacers for the drive shafts > to diff flanges if its 50/70m wider as the cv's balls will run on the edges