Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a genuine 'Kids Heart' Sileighty. Where do I begin?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by j_s14a View Post
    Does no one else find it odd that there is not a shred of evidence that these 500 cars exist? Given their Gran Turismo fame, they are fairly well known, yet seems to be almost no solid information around on even one of these cars.
    Not really, they were solely for the domestic market so any literature will have been in Japanese and probably mostly printed as well.
    They might have some club or following over in Japan, clearly there isn't much anywhere else in the world.

Are you over-estimating how desirable these cars actually are?

Rides
    There was one up for auction a few years ago, genuine Kids Heart sileighty. I never saw what it went for as I wasn't too interested, however the starting price was more than what most s13s go for. Exchange rates have been pretty awful since we made the glorious decision to leave the EU... Therefore it is not a good time to be importing, and won't be for a while. I have just brought in a N/A automatic PS13 Q's and it cost nearly as much as the PS13 K's I brought over in 2015.

As for being a good investment, the American market is one to think about. They go crazy for anything JDM. Yes the car is just an s13, and people can convert the front end for much less. However, this car is rare! and by 2023 the car would be worth a fair bit for export across the pond. If you could have found one last year, then that would have been perfect. I don't think you would find one if I am honest. These cars still would have been drifted and I suspect some have been smashed to bits.

Have you thought about the EK9 as a potential investment? Prices already are pretty crazy for the little 90s Honda, and they seem to be rising all the time. Same will happen once they are excluded from the 25 year import rule in the states. Honda lovers over there will go mad for them, and prices will rocket.

Rides
    Or the bottom will fall out of the petrol car market and only the most collectible will be retained as museum pieces. Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post

Get yourself a nicely restored Datsun 240z on the other hand... I would expect to see a significant gain over a 5+ year period.
    I fully missed the boat on that, wanted to stick my RB26 in one, now I can't even afford a shitter.