Thread: "Apex Stage 2" chip

Rides

"Apex Stage 2" chip

Opened my ECU to check whether there currently is a chip in there prior to ordering a hdev stage 1 chip.
    Looks like there is a chip there with a sticker "Apex Stage 2", have any of you had experience or are currently using it? Unless it's just a sticker :P

I currently have all the mods recommended by horsham for their stage 1 chip. Would I be fine running that chip (if it's legit) with "Stage 1 mods" (to horsham's spec) or would I be better off ditching this "Apex Stage 2" chip and getting hdev stage 1 chip eitherway?

I think I know the answer... However I would be thankful if someone could shed some light on the chip that I have, whether it's legit and if so what spec has it been mapped to.

Last edited by wilq; 21-06-2017 at 21:27.

Rides
    I have used their stage 2 chip and can confirm it's good, however that was 2 years ago now and I can't remember what it looked like. If you are planning to run stage one mods then buy a stage one chip, or you can keep the chip and modify to stage 2.

Rides
    the apex stage 2 is the HD stage 2, same thing.

if you're only modded to stage 1, get the appropriate map.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.