Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost leak testing guide?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Just block the pipe going to the pcv, a spark plug works well for this
    Aha! Never thought about the pcv pipe. Good call.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ok so I think I found the culprit. I found a few little leaks but I found a leak in the inlet. Where it splits in half. Also managed to do this

Rides
    Smoke pellets seem a bad idea to me, better just to pressure test the system and use a spray bottle with soapy water to see which bits bubble or hiss when the air releases, sticking a smoke pellet in a hose isn't going to pressurise it and more than likely won't escape so you'll just be filling system up with smoke for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JC SX View Post
    Smoke pellets seem a bad idea to me, better just to pressure test the system and use a spray bottle with soapy water to see which bits bubble or hiss when the air releases, sticking a smoke pellet in a hose isn't going to pressurise it and more than likely won't escape so you'll just be filling system up with smoke for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahaha.. I bought orange smoke pellets. Plan was to run a tube from a jar into the IC system and see if it comes out anywhere.

However I went old school and pressure tested the whole system. Found a leak in the manifold which I have now fixed. However the car won't be going anywhere until I get a new elephant trunk. That was a loud bang lol!!!

Rides
    I can take a pic of my setup if you want I think it's a silicon reducer a stainless mandrel bend and a silicon join to the maf

Pretty simple to make and if you block the DV it makes a huge difference to the noise of the choochooos on lift off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    I can take a pic of my setup if you want I think it's a silicon reducer a stainless mandrel bend and a silicon join to the maf

Pretty simple to make and if you block the DV it makes a huge difference to the noise of the choochooos on lift off
    Yea please! Although I would probably T the dv back in. I do love the choo choo sound but heard it limits the life of the turbo

Rides
    Il take one tomorrow but if you want the DV back in you would need a tig welder which makes it not so easy

Ehh who cares it you only live once lol not gunna be that damaging else it would die pretty quickly but people do it for years and I think the s13s didn't even leave the factory with one

Rides
    Il take one tomorrow but if you want the DV back in you would need a tig welder which makes it not so easy

Ehh who cares it you only live once lol not gunna be that damaging else it would die pretty quickly but people do it for years and I think the s13s didn't even leave the factory with one
    Look forward to seeing the pics. I did like it a lot lol! Let's see what happens.

Rides
    Here's one but it's just mine I have from a while back but il get a proper one

Rides
    Here's one but it's just mine I have from a while back but il get a proper one

Where is your air filter?

Rides
    Down where the stock wing mount intercooler goes I made a pie cut adaptor that bolts onto the z32 maf and extends down behind the bumper with this on the end with a cone filter on it