Thread: T28r/tubular manifold sr20

Rides

T28r/tubular manifold sr20

I'm looking to upgrade my turbo to a t28r and buy a decent tubular manifold that won't crack immediately as soon as I have the money.
    Where would people recommend for the turbo and what manifolds are good??
    I have spoken to apw already but would like to see what other options there are??

Here's a picture of me on track at Combe for no reason

Rides
    how much are the APW ones?

t28r is no real performance upgrade to a regular t28 just spools a bit sooner
    Last edited by green_rs13; 20-06-2017 at 20:24.

Rides
    You can drum more boost with the t28r and together with maf, 555 injectors and a map out should gouge me a little bit more power. I can also run the t28r as the car is until I can afford the rest of the bits.
    Apw quoted £525

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my turbo to a t28r and buy a decent tubular manifold that won't crack immediately as soon as I have the money.
    Where would people recommend for the turbo and what manifolds are good??
    I have spoken to apw already but would like to see what other options there are??

Here's a picture of me on track at Combe for no reason
    From what I can remember there are three variations for what people call the t28r one is rated at 280 then 330 then 360.
    From what I have read; the one fitted to the early s15 is rated at 330 by garrett my car has the s15 turbo I have a rr print out for 322 bhp at 1.2 bar.
    I believe it is very well suited to a standard SR it has minimal lagg and still makes decent power.
    Why are you fitting a tubular manifold ?

Rides
    I know I don't have to fit a tubular manifold and could stick with a standard one, the turbo and manifold flanges I have I believe are warped so I would need a new manifold and was thinking it would be nice to upgrade whilst I'm doing stuff??
    Or would you say just stick to a standard cast one??

Rides
    Weren't apw doing a deal on an sr manifold and 2871r the other day. Saw it advertised for £1100 ish

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    They were and that's super cheap.

Another option is to get a gt2871r and run the Oem manifold. More power and it won't crack
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I know I don't have to fit a tubular manifold and could stick with a standard one, the turbo and manifold flanges I have I believe are warped so I would need a new manifold and was thinking it would be nice to upgrade whilst I'm doing stuff??
    Or would you say just stick to a standard cast one??
    When I was making my mind up about tubular vs. standard I was told to stay with the standard until 400hp. So at T28r power you should be fine.

Rides
    I fitted a tubular on my last s14 I had a greddy twin scroll turbo and didn't notice any difference in performance over the standard.
    I think you would be better off spending your money on a sr20de throttle body a bell mouth elbow and a straight through 3" if you haven't fitted those bits already.
    Personally cant see the point in spending an extra £500 pounds for another 20 bhp and shit loads of lagg.

Rides
    My Japspeed tubular manifold is faultless so far after 6 months! Goes a gorgeous burnt blue/purple colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jflather_105 View Post
    My Japspeed tubular manifold is faultless so far after 6 months! Goes a gorgeous burnt blue/purple colour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The japspeed ones are quite cheap too aren't they??
    I'm unsure whether just to keep the standard one for now tbh