Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few engine questions, wanting to increase power

Rides
    @hooky 740's are supposed to support 450whp at 3bar on pump fuel without issues. Were you running pump fuel or race fuel?

But i have to agree with the rest. Most of the questions asked would apply to any other (turbo) engine. As a true engine builder, we'd expect you to know most of these already. And a bit of research, in case you're not familiar with S-bodies, wouldn't hurt either.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Love it here, sombody new comes along and asks for advice and then everyone turns in to self righteous gits. Either answer the question or don't post.
    Disagree there Chris to be honest, no one has been self righteous at all.

We used to get threads like this all the time 7 years ago when the forum was more active and the answer as always use the search function.

We also used to get people posting wanting X amount of bhp and a week later there would be a breaking my car thread as they had stacked it on a roundabout.

The best advice for the thread starter is enjoy the car before thinking (dreaming) of 450bhp.

Rides
    Sorry but if someone asks the most basic of questions, such as what turbo does a s15 engine use, the reply should really be, 'do some more reading'.

To get a stuck up reply to that just sets the tone for the thread. Also then trying to brag that he's built turbo engines before but still missing basic knowledge just solidifies it.

Talk to someone like they're a d**k, you should expect to be treated like one in return.

end thread

Rides
    Buy my Z33 AFM

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsauce View Post
    Sorry but if someone asks the most basic of questions, such as what turbo does a s15 engine use, the reply should really be, 'do some more reading'.

To get a stuck up reply to that just sets the tone for the thread. Also then trying to brag that he's built turbo engines before but still missing basic knowledge just solidifies it.

Talk to someone like they're a d**k, you should expect to be treated like one in return.

end thread
    Maybe listen to your own advice.

Can everyone please only post helpful comments from now on, if you don't like the question move on and don't answer it
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Fecking​ ell Chris ! When did this stop being a witch hunting, bitch slapping, rufty tufty forum and become a PC, everyone play nicely or you'll get sent home forum. He's getting good advice... Just not specific answers to stupid questions. :Rolleyes:

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Maybe listen to your own advice.

Can everyone please only post helpful comments from now on, if you don't like the question move on and don't answer it
    Gave him good advice to do some more reading before asking basic questions. What more can I do, OP is just bitter the boys in maccies have more bhp form their stage 8.568a vxr

Rides
    Personally i would forget about 400 plus and just take it to the first point before it starts costing £££s which is circa 300.

Now the s14 at 300 was... a lot different and a much quicker car than the 200bhp s14, i suspect at 300 the s15 will feel equally as swift - they dont weight a lot like modern shite these things.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsauce View Post
    Gave him good advice to do some more reading before asking basic questions. What more can I do, OP is just bitter the boys in maccies have more bhp form their stage 8.568a vxr
    Savage

OP it really depends how you plan to use the car, if it's something you'd use pretty often then I think 450bhp is going to be more of a hassle than anything. People know how sketchy these cars are and know how often people wrap them around lamp posts, therefore don't want to see that happen. Maybe go up in increments. Once you get past the stage 3a hdev chip which can be run on stock internals, I dread to think the way prices multiply, is it really worth it?

Rides
    I would forget about having a 450bhp S body as a daily, it will be a complete arse to drive in traffic, the wet, etc etc. 300-350 area still makes them driveable and a fast road car, if you want more either make it a track/weekend car of or get something better to start with
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I would like to chime in and say **** 450hp on standard brakes too.

CD009 - £2000
    Turbo - £1500
    Injectors - £600
    Management - £1000
    Mapping - £500
    FMIC - £150
    Exhaust - £300
    Manifold - £500
    Wideband - £250
    Boost Controller - £150
    Brakes - £1000

And there will be other costs too. Just rough estimations though. And that without opening the engine up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish N View Post
    I would like to chime in and say **** 450hp on standard brakes too.

CD009 - £2000
    Turbo - £1500
    Injectors - £600
    Management - £1000
    Mapping - £500
    FMIC - £150
    Exhaust - £300
    Manifold - £500
    Wideband - £250
    Boost Controller - £150
    Brakes - £1000

And there will be other costs too. Just rough estimations though. And that without opening the engine up
    If you do that, it'll handle like an epi thrashing round in a mud bath. You need to add around £1700 for suspension parts and braces to try to lay down and control 450 bhp