Thread: Sr20det s14/s14a loom

Rides

Sr20det s14/s14a loom

Hi there I'm in a bit of trouble, I've recently got a Sr20det s14 conversion but the engine loom is beyond repair so I've managed to source a s14 import wiring loom which is completely different to what the engine states I've managed to get hold of Horsham devolpments which have confirmed my ecu is a s14 uk spec so my question is can I use a s14a uk spec engine loom or does it have to be a s14 uk spec engine loom?

Anyone shed some light?

Much appriceted luke

Rides
    you can repin the loom to match the plug that matches the ECU you have.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    you can repin the loom to match the plug that matches the ECU you have.
    the problem i have is the plugs on the engine have broke so was trying to find a loom that would use the same plugs already on the engine as the engine is a sr20det s14 non import was just wondering if the s14a non import loom would have the same plugs?

Rides
    Best option is repinning. As far as i remember, there's only 2 pins on different locations between the s14 and s14a plug

Btw, what is damaged on your original loom? i have a loom here that has 90% of the plugs, i don't mind chopping a few off for ya

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Best option is repinning. As far as i remember, there's only 2 pins on different locations between the s14 and s14a plug

Btw, what is damaged on your original loom? i have a loom here that has 90% of the plugs, i don't mind chopping a few off for ya
    A lot half the plugs of the loom are missing or home made and joined together with chocolate blocks was hoping to find a s14 uk spec loom as it would save me a lot of hassle but it seems to be repinning is the only option

Rides
    If you know which plugs you're missing, i can have that chopped off my own loom.
    Or i could send you the complete loom, minus the ECU plug and coil pack loom. PM if interested It's off a LHD s14a

Rides
    i meant just to repin the big blue ecu plug.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    i meant just to repin the big blue ecu plug.
    Thats what i also meant. But it's quite a hassle. If his loom is salvageable, might as well just add/solder in the plugs it's missing

Rides
    Managed to source a complete loom and the engine is now running cheers guys ��