RB25 S1 stock everything bar;
    SSQV
    FMIC
    3" Zorst

No boost leaks.
    New fuel filter
    New coolant sensor
    Spark plugs are less than a year old.

Basically it's got a weird idling/cutting issue, and now more recently starting problems.

It used to start first time and drive. Occasaionally it cuts out when driving in gear/under load. If it did cut out it would be a nightmare to restart. After keys out few mins rest it would fire again and I'd keep it alive with throttle until it was happy.
    I have driven over 100 miles with this ongoing cutting out under load. Obviously conservitively whilst trying to fix the issue.

Now it's developed a starting problem where it would be a nightmare to start (from cold) . Today I unplugged the MAF and it started first time and sat idling for well over 5 minutes without cutting out or dieing. This obviously leads me to believe the MAF is dead..?

I just thought I'd whack a multimeter on the pins of the MAF plug, ground and positive PIN. (I believe I do need to check what tested if it is the correct pins) got around 13.5 volts and it stalled. Turned on everytime again but stalled if I either plugged in the MAF or put the meter back on.

Is there a way I can test the wiring is good before I rule it to be MAF.. The cars had 2 already so I'm worried something isn't right wiring wise? I have last month resoldered the pins in the MAF and cleaned it, and I had driven it since, but still had the cutting out issue and then being difficult to get going again.

I hope that all makes some vague sense l
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 04-06-2017 at 21:33.

Rides
    I've managed to order a replacement MAF and lamba for good will. - Should both be here tomorrow.

Any idea how to test the MAF wiring is good? Google isn't helping much as there's so much that contradicts itself!

Rides
    How sure are you it doesnt have ANY air leaks?

unplugging the maf allows them to run ok/better when you have unmetered air entering the engine which would usually cause stalling. But people replace the maf because unplugging it has the desired effect..