Thread: Trying to fit Kaaz 2 way diff - which half-shafts?

Rides

Trying to fit Kaaz 2 way diff - which half-shafts?

I've got an S14 diff casing which I've just removed the standard diff and crown wheel from, bolted in a Kaaz 2-way diff that I bought 2nd hand a couple of years ago. Went to fit the half-shafts and they're too large diameter for the diff.

The Kaaz diff allegedly came from an S14, and I'm just about to pull it back out to try and find a part number.

Half-shafts I've got are standard S14 3x2 bolt, 31mm diameter on the splines.

Does anyone know of shafts that are 3x2 and smaller diameter?

Rides
    Hi I have similar problem ( upside down ) I have 29,6 mm diameter from my s14a And i need more diameter 30,6mm to fit in my kaaz 1.5 way.

Rides
    Sounds like you guys need to swap shafts. Yes they do come with various diameter shafts, spline count and length. I had this issue with my OS Giken LSD but strangely not with the old Kaaz. Garage D seem to have a healthy supply of shafts. They hooked me up with exactly what I needed and didn't charge the earth.

Rides
    Need to resurrect this thread! So I managed to swap my output shafts with Andy (big mac) who's local to me and I'm sure the shafts I've got now came out of an early S14 or S13 diff. They physically fit and seemed fine but now the car is on the road I've got loads of transmission noise at low speeds/tight turns, and on investigation I've found there's quite a bit of play in the output shafts - you can waggle them top to bottom by hand. So I'm hoping there's another diameter of shaft halfway between what I used to have and what I've got now!

Need to get the shafts out to check the sizes next time the car is on the ramp. My guess is they're about 1mm too small in diameter, so they work but not a snug fit.