Thread: 18" Alloy offset help needed

Rides

18" Alloy offset help needed

Hi all

Planning on changing the alloys on the car but could do with some advice with sizes. Will be sticking with 18" diameter but was wondering what would be the maximum width/offset I can fit without having to get the arches flared, (will consider getting the insides rolled if that what's required) and I also realise a bit more negative camber may be needed to get clearance.

Rear is a 5 stud conversion
    Front (will have a 25mm thick 5 stud adapter)

Many thanks for any help you can offer

Mal

Rides
    I should also apologies for yet another post about wheel size and offset but after spending some time searching the forum posts its hard to come up with a definitive size for 18's and really don't want to shell out on a new set of boots without some confidence that'll fit without major issues. I should also point out that I have gen2 apex coil-overs fitted, lowered approx. 35mm and adjustable rear arms

Rides
    S14 owner here so not sure on max widths/offsets on a s13 but I would recommend an arch roll to avoid catching the tyres and at the same time a small pull can be done to accomadate new wheels.

Rides
    depends what you want really, and what you use it for..

if you want mega sticky out wheels then you want big negative offset and they will have to be narrow with rubber band tyres.
    if you want massive wide wheels and really wide tyres then you will want high positive offset.

most traders that sell wheels like rarerims / driftworks etc.. will be able to give you good advice on fitment.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    depends what you want really, and what you use it for..

if you want mega sticky out wheels then you want big negative offset and they will have to be narrow with rubber band tyres.
    if you want massive wide wheels and really wide tyres then you will want high positive offset.

most traders that sell wheels like rarerims / driftworks etc.. will be able to give you good advice on fitment.
    Cheers for that, never really thought to ask them.

So did just that and rare-rims have recommended the following in 18" dia with no spacers fitted

Front - 8.5"wide et30 offset
    Rear - 9.5"wide et30 offset

anyone any thoughts on these sizes?
    Last edited by mal; 12-05-2017 at 19:19.

Rides
    should be fine. I ran offset 10 with same sized wheels many years ago and the tyre - 245 45 18 - clipped the rear arch lip when hitting a bump. so your 30 offset should just about stay under the arch.

Why dont you want to roll the arches? there are some really helpful guys on here (archenemy) that will roll your arches really well for a good price

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    should be fine. I ran offset 10 with same sized wheels many years ago and the tyre - 245 45 18 - clipped the rear arch lip when hitting a bump. so your 30 offset should just about stay under the arch.

Why dont you want to roll the arches? there are some really helpful guys on here (archenemy) that will roll your arches really well for a good price
    I'll be honest and say after looking at some rather nice piccys of S13's with rolled arches, they are going up my flagpole somewhat! its defo food for thought so thanks for the contact advice mate. I have found a picture of the sort of look I'm after without rolling, just can't figure out how to post it

Rides

Apologies to Chris7 for using your car as an example but wheel offset looks perfect to me. Thinking about it, may drop him a pm to see if he can remember the offsets
    Last edited by mal; 12-05-2017 at 19:10.

Rides

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shikari chaos View Post
    Mate, absolutely perfect link, thank you very much