Thread: Carbon canister removal

Rides

Carbon canister removal

Just removed the carbon canister and wondered what to do with the two lines that are left. One is from the top of the canister and goes into a hardline only, the other is from the bottom of the canister and goes to a hardline and what seems to be a vent into the chassis leg. What have other people done with both of these? Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by federalman View Post
    Just removed the carbon canister and wondered what to do with the two lines that are left. One is from the top of the canister and goes into a hardline only, the other is from the bottom of the canister and goes to a hardline and what seems to be a vent into the chassis leg. What have other people done with both of these? Thanks
    One goes to the fuel tank, you can vent it to air I think that's what's mine is now, the other was from the inlet manifold somewhere and that got bunged with a short silicone piece and a stopper. If it wasn't bunged it was a boost leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    If the vacuum line is bunged then you join the last 2 lines together. Check out the how to's under stickies. There is a thread where I added pics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Here you go.. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88129

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Vacuum lines will be bunged up, just the 2 fuel lines I needed to know what to do with as I wasn't sure if I needed a vent valve or not. Thanks

Rides
    Everyone says join them together but my car stunk of fuel doing it that way I joined the tank vent to the air filter and it never smelt again as it all got burned off

Rides
    One pipe is thicker than the other. Push one inside the other and clamp (not too hard) with a jubilee clip. You need there to be a loop formed. This will allow the petrol tank to vent fumes but not liquid into the chassis rail.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    If you don't have a loop you will get petrol going into the chassis rail which is both bad and smelly.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk