Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CA18DET hesistation/bogging/backfiring on full throttle HELP!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Besides genuine nissan blueprint are the best!

Fair enough i just saw boost controller and assumed you were just moving the lines around with it in place.

Something i dont believe has been mentioned-

Remove the actuator arm off the turbo and check by hand that the wastegate fully opens! It could be fouling the elbow if aftermarket or just generally seized/stiff

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Thats wicked to hear thanks! Don't fancy doing the waterpump again after!

I have also removed the actuator arm and the wastegate flapper moves freely, the car has the standard elbow.

The only thing I have left in mind is creep, because clearly the actuator works, the wastegate opens but the car still overboost like shit. Once the waterpumps in, ill give the car a test run with the actuator arm disconnected.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post
    Thats wicked to hear thanks! Don't fancy doing the waterpump again after!

I have also removed the actuator arm and the wastegate flapper moves freely, the car has the standard elbow.

The only thing I have left in mind is creep, because clearly the actuator works, the wastegate opens but the car still overboost like shit. Once the waterpumps in, ill give the car a test run with the actuator arm disconnected.
    With actuator arm disconnected it wont boost at all mate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hi guys, I have fixed my issue with the car overboosting.

Fixed an exhaust leak from the elbow to the downpipe

Disconnected the WG rod today and drove around for a bit, and luckily the car did NOT boost, so I decided to plumb back the boost line from the turbo to the WG and now the issue has magically disappeared.

The car will however still spike to 12ish psi and then hold around 10 which I'm sure its meant to be, I will try and plumb the boost controller in now to dial up the boost to 15psi.

Rides
    something in the pipe work was acting like a restrictor to the wastegate actuator,
    possibly the 'T' piece is small bore internally or one of them pipes is blocked with something?
    imo leave it as is now it works and get chip fitted then up the boost, but beware some manual boost controllers can be spike central
    a proper electronic controller is worth its money as the car will drive better,dependent on brand most = less lag, on boost earlier,and no spike's

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    something in the pipe work was acting like a restrictor to the wastegate actuator,
    possibly the 'T' piece is small bore internally or one of them pipes is blocked with something?
    imo leave it as is now it works and get chip fitted then up the boost, but beware some manual boost controllers can be spike central
    a proper electronic controller is worth its money as the car will drive better,dependent on brand most = less lag, on boost earlier,and no spike's
    Possibly, but what is weird is that I have swapped all the vacuum lines with new ones.. stage 1 chip is already fitted so I'm pretty much running really rich at 10psi now, I will have a play with the mbc and see what I can do with that.

Thanks!

Rides
    if the chip is fitted now then tweaking the boost is ok,I was thinking it was not fitted yet
    good to read it works at last

Rides
    Hi guys back again and the car is running sweet as a nut!

I discovered my mbc was leaking quite a bit even on the closed setting so replaced it with a new one and I can boost way more controllably now, currently have it at 2 turns (2 clicks) and running 12psi atm with a stage 1 chip.

Makes for some sweet flames or backfires during shifts since I'm running a little rich. Will have a play with the mbc some more and tweak it up to 15psi.

Thanks for all the help again guys.

Rides
    Shouldn't be running that rich on a stage one chip or backfiring.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Shouldn't be running that rich on a stage one chip or backfiring.
    Only backfires when I blip throttle between 3-3.5k revs, makes for a nice big pop. I do get small flames from the exhaust during shifts according to my mate and I'm running 14psi now.

Car runs very well though and pulls decent

Rides
    Suspect some other air/vac leak.
    Check fuel pressure reg hose.
    Air cleaner.
    Idle switch.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Suspect some other air/vac leak.
    Check fuel pressure reg hose.
    Air cleaner.
    Idle switch.