Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need to Rant! - Speeding Fine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Are you just going to keep sig'ing quotes from people when they are nice to you?
    Yep, when you have spent 15 years on here getting abused for being a nasty bastard you have to take advantage of the niceties
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Mark is right. Duty of disclosure is at renewal so you don't need to add it mid-term.
    Tut Tut Mr Slide; one of your SoF is below:

Information and changes we need to know
    about
    You must take reasonable care to provide complete
    and accurate answers to the questions we ask when
    you take out, make changes to, and renew your policy.
    Please tell your insurance adviser immediately to let us
    know if there are any changes to the information set out

in the application form/Statement of Fact, certificate of
    motor insurance or on your policy schedule. You must
    also tell your insurance adviser immediately
    to let us
    about the following changes:
     A change to the people insured, or to be insured.
    Motoring convictions (driving licence
    endorsements, fixed penalties or pending
    prosecutions for any motoring offences) for any of
    the people insured, or to be insured.
     Criminal convictions for any of the people insured,
    or to be insured.
     A change of vehicle.
     Any vehicle modifications.
     Any change affecting ownership of the vehicle.
     Any change in the way that the vehicle is used

Duty of disclosure and whether it's continuous changes depending on the terms of the contract

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Customers are obliged to tell us if they have had an endorsement however our underwriters say they have a duty of disclosure for convictions only at renewal. Adding this mid term won't alter the premium for the remainder of the term.

If a customer fails to tell us about a conviction which was pre renewal then we will charge for it when it's added to the current term as the offence wasn't post renewal date.

It does also say:
    When you inform us of a change, we will tell you if this affects your policy, for example whether we are able to accept the change and if so, whether the change will result in revised terms and/or premium being applied to your policy.

It doesn't affect the terms or premium of the current term so until renewal, we're not fussed.

Rides
    Customers are obliged to tell us if they have had an endorsement however our underwriters say they have a duty of disclosure for convictions only at renewal. Adding this mid term won't alter the premium for the remainder of the term under our underwriting strategy.
    It was my point mate, I've added some text and bold emphasis - I have seen some very different stances across the market on this.

When you inform us of a change, we will tell you if this affects your policy, for example whether we are able to accept the change and if so, whether the change will result in revised terms and/or premium being applied to your policy.

It doesn't affect the terms or premium of the current term so until renewal, we're not fussed.
    Again, you're not fussed, but others can be. The devil is in the detail and the stance on such matters can vary significantly.

StuartUK should check very carefully the wording of his contract......

Rides
    I rang and told Adrian flux when I got my 3pts and they said it didn't matter until renewal, when it made no difference

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Rides
    My R34 renewal was 26th March (paid in full)...
    Speeding offense was 29th March, although I only got the stuff in the post properly on the 25th April to confirm I will get 3 points... I told A-plan of this 1 month after the renewal..
    By telling A-Plan of this (ok, not Mid-term, but renewal had already taken place the previous month), they charged me £27.50 , as that's what Marker Study (underwriter) charge, and was told no Admin fee applied....

What I don't understand is, what difference does it make to warrant a charge ? If anything, I don't want another 3 points, so my driving style is altered.... So drive with more caution, yet get penalised for it ? oh well, I know its dog-eat-dog (insurance screw peeps, peeps screw insurers, insurers screw peeps, etc etc)