Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to Rant! - Speeding Fine

Rides

I need to Rant! - Speeding Fine

I was in the wrong, speeding on a single carriageway road (near to the A66 up Penrith way, nice long wide open road, not dual carriageway).
    I was overtaking a slower car, but hit a speed of 16mph more than the limit and the man in the van got me (and the guy behind me) on camera....

This is my first offence, and have/had 0 points on my license.
    I accept I messed up, but figured I would be offered a chance to spend half a day educating myself on being a moron, and pay the cost of that course...
    However, from reading on the internet about speeds, looks like 68-75mph in a 60 zone = course offered, 76-90 I think is 3pts, and above 91 is courts...
    So am ranting to myself for being a Div and getting 3 points on my clean license! (papers I got in the post offer to pay £100 fine and 3 points or go before a judge)

For those of you who do have points (3), did your insurance go sky high ? my main car is the R34 GTT, and 2nd car is a Mondeo, guessing I am gonna take a big hit !

Rides
    A single SP30 normally makes no difference

Rides
    Doesn't make a noticable difference in my experience

Rides
    When was this as from Monday its all change and the fine for 61-80 in a 60 is 50% of your weekly wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    March.....
    I'll report back about insurance, as I just renewed my R34 insurance, and my mondeo is up in 10 days.......

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    When was this as from Monday its all change and the fine for 61-80 in a 60 is 50% of your weekly wage.
    Is it not up to 50% of your wage?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Got a sp30 last year, has made no difference to insurance on both cars and bike...

As far as I have read about the new speeding fines, are the fixed penalties not staying the same, but those new guidelines count if you go to court?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Made no difference to mine (sp30)

Rides
    I'm guessing it's mainly to do with age as to how certain things affect insurance prices then. You guys are saying an sp30 didn't really make a difference however for me at 19 it added a whole £1k to quotes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Is it not up to 50% of your wage?
    Band A is 25-75%, they start at 50% and go up and down depending on circumstances like was is 2am in the middle of nowhere or was it 3pm past a school. Band B is 75-125% and band C is 125-175% The points received is changing as well to 3, 4-6 and 6 plus the last 2 bands could include short bans (7 days upto 2 months)
    Mark is right.

Rides
    With how busy the roads are no top of that, there's getting to be no point owning anything remotely quick to use on the road.

Rides
    It shouldn't make much if any difference at all to your insurance matey. My advice would be to pay it quickly and forget about it. These things happen. It happened to me a few years ago and I was gutted/pissed off/annoyed. More so when I accidently sent off an old copy of my license so it went to court and they through the book at me. First offence ever, in 15 years of driving. Ended up with 6 points and a £400 fine. That hurt, a lot. All in the past now but it did have the desired affect. I toodle along like a right old git now.

Rides
    Even worse when you have owned/driven a number of fast cars then get caught in a Land Rover
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I paid the £100 and license gone off already, as no offer of the course on paper, and even when I called and still no offer, pointless hanging around as I need my license next month for use in the US !

Cheers for input Insurance wise (am 41, with max NCD), so hopefully no difference, although will be on the phone to A-plan shortly!

and yeah, I don't drive fast in the R34, yet my Mondeo (ST diesel).......... doh!

Rides
    Shouldn't effect things mate! I constantly had 3 points on my licence from 1996 till 2014 lol

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides

I need to Rant! - Speeding Fine

I got an SP30 when I was 19.... I'm 26 now so was a while ago, 42 in a 30... it only raised my insurance by a tenner until it cleared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Shouldn't make a difference if it's a SP30 but I think yours will be a SP60. Shouldn't really affect your insurance if it's your first offence. When you have more that 3 points is when things start going up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    A pal of mine got 3 points for the same thing recently, his insurance went down £15. Work that out!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    A pal of mine got 3 points for the same thing recently, his insurance went down £15. Work that out!
    I don't disbelieve that sounds about right lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    Shouldn't effect things mate! I constantly had 3 points on my licence from 1996 till 2014 lol
    I read some random stuff on the internet, fake news etc, but this I really don't believe.