Thread: Which Coilovers These Days?

Rides

Which Coilovers These Days?

I'm completely out of touch with what's on the market for the S13? There are some really cheap coilovers on eBay and then there are more expensive ones on Driftworks. I'm currently looking at the HSD DualTech Coilovers DW stock, but thought I had better check with peeps on here as I need to get these right.

It's worth mentioning that these are going on my Z (which is heavier than an S13). The car is a street car. It's not my daily so I don't mind them being a little bumpy, but nothing that will have bits of the car falling off after a thousand miles.

Any recommendations?

Rides
    I'm running the HSD Monopro's and they are incredible, really keep the car level through corners without being too harsh on bumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    There's a bunch of extra options available now, brands like Yellowspeed look pretty good.

but if you're just using it as a road car would a set of shocks and springs not be more comfortable, surely Nismo do something for the Z ??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jflather_105 View Post
    I'm running the HSD Monopro's and they are incredible, really keep the car level through corners without being too harsh on bumps

Sweet. Cheers for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    There's a bunch of extra options available now, brands like Yellowspeed look pretty good.

but if you're just using it as a road car would a set of shocks and springs not be more comfortable, surely Nismo do something for the Z ??
    I'll have a look at Yellowspeed. I did consider shocks 'n springs, but I've always ran shocks 'n springs in the past so I'd to switch it up a bit and experiment with coilovers this time.

There aren't a lot of options for the Z31 which is one of the reasons I am in the process of installing an S13 subframe to unlock all the S13 aftermarket parts.

Rides
    Whatever you do don't get bags

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Had HSD's on my 350Z and REALLY rated them, now have Meister GT1's fitted to my 135i and Im pretty blown away by them
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I've read about yellow speed but haven't found much feedback on them. I'm headed for cs2's at some point, with soft springs for the road, supposed to be a good product and will allow me to run a smaller spacer up front due to their slim body vs the hsd's I have.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Whatever you do don't get bags
    LOL!!

Mate, seriously, it's 50/50 at the moment. I really want the Z stanced (nothing too outrageous mind you), but I'm not about that low life.

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Had HSD's on my 350Z and REALLY rated them, now have Meister GT1's fitted to my 135i and Im pretty blown away by them
    Hearing a lot of positive feedback about the HSD's. The Meisters look very nice. The Zeta R are in my price range, but not sure on how they fair.

Rides
    I'm on the fence about what to buy myself as want to get some new ones. I had Mono Pro's on my s15 that I remember being good if a little stiff. Been looking at Tein Street Flex too, I know a lot over here say they leak and rot but others have had sets for years so dunno!

Rides
    Meister R are really nice for the money...

Rides
    The Meister's look nice but where's the technical spill!? Not even a mention of spring rates.

Rides
    They are 8/6kg

Rides
    Very compliant and 32 way adjustment. The boss is accomodating and can change rates etc for you too i think...

Rides
    I wanted something softer (getting old) and more suited to the roads but took a punt on the Monopros (wanted Ohlins but was too poor) and they have surprised me. For such a high spring rate they are pretty comfortable on all but the most potholed surfaces.