Thread: Link G4 or keep PFC?

Rides

Link G4 or keep PFC?

Hi guys,

So, you have probably seen the deal a few tuners have got on at the mo, the Link ecu with £300 pounds off, now enough of the sales pitch, I currently run a Apexi power FC D jetro(map sensor+iat), running 404bhp, is it worth changing to the link?

The pros for me are
    -switchable boost via the aircon switch or external switches
    -launch control
    -better knock control
    -nos control

Cons
    -I have to spend 900 quid plus mapping
    -i have to spend 900 quid plus mapping
    -no real power gains as I already a map sensor type ecu.

Thoughts? Shall I keep the apexi or not eat for a month?

Rides
    its a better ecu, so depending on future plans it may offer more flexibility, some would argue that you could gain more power on your existing setup with a newer more capable ecu.

if you just fancy it because its new and shiney then id think hard if you would really use launch control, nos control and switchable boost control (ofr me your right foot is the best boost controller)

Rides
    The pros I will use, but probably not more till next year, I'm into drag racing and am going to enter the jds series next year, maybe this year too if I get time(extension/new baby), I have just brought race logic traction control with launch control as a cheaper alternative, maybe I have already convinced myself.
    NOS was on the cards before the ecu though, seems to be an easier way to gain power but that's another story.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    My major thing for going Link over PFC is safety... A complete Knock map (unlike the PFC's display on the hand commander or flashing the EML at you). Rev/Boost limits based on external input and/or engine temperature. Boost limits based on gears/speed/throttle position, Data logging and ODBII output meaning with a bluetooth adapter you can output to a tablet and ditch all the gauges.

Rides
    The only thing I'd say is that you might have fun setting up the Racelogic to work with nitrous.

Rides
    is yours a 64 pin 4-3-3-3?

iv got a Link G4 from abbey motorsport (second hand) that I am actually contemplating changing for the apexi Power FC.. I had one in my evo so I know how to use them.

Only reason I am thinking about it is because iv got a SR20 with a Garret GTX3076R in a BMW E30... and I think the link has more features than I actually need..