Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance Dispute NCB

Rides

Car Insurance Dispute NCB

Hello, I'm basically locked in with my insurer to try and get my NCB out of them for use on a Flux policy. Here's a timeline of events, I'm basically after advice on what to do.

August 2015 - Bought Micra, insured it as my girlfriend main driver me as a named on provisional.

September 2015 - I passed and we updated our policy so I could drive home from the test centre.

December 2015 - I was driving the car more by this point, so my girlfriend & her mum phoned up and changed me to a main driver and my girlfriend to a named.

Early December 2016 - Someone crashes into my 180sx (same insurer, different policy, not a multicar). Basically lose my NCB for this car here, so ignore that.

Late December 2016 - Renewal letter flops onto MY doormat for the Micra. Not my girlfriends.

April 2016 - I phone up to get my proof of NCB after coming off the phone with Flux and this is where it all starts.

Elephant say because I was NOT the policy holder, I do NOT have an NCB. Instead I have a named driver NCB which they have provided proof of but Flux will not accept. So how can this be? We've changed ourselves around in December 2015 and I'm 99% sure we paid to do that (will have to check with girlfriends mum). Elephant are stating my girlfriend has the NCB as she was the policy holder, despite her not driving the majority of the year and myself having the renewal letter in my name and address. So now my policy with Flux pretty doubles in price for next year and it looks like I can't afford it all because of Elephant being morons withholding a legitimate no claims bonus.

Can I beat my head on the wall now or later?

Rides
    I believe Elephant are correct, NCB is for the policyholder. If you was the main driver you should have got the insurance in your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Simply put, who was the policyholder on the first policy? If it was your GF, then no NCD for you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I believe Elephant are correct, NCB is for the policyholder. If you was the main driver you should have got the insurance in your name.
    Your signature is great. I would say that is fine, but how come I got the renewal letter, addressed to myself, at my mums address? That is what I can't comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Simply put, who was the policyholder on the first policy? If it was your GF, then no NCD for you.
    Girlfriend correct. Same point as Mark though?
    Last edited by Oreos; 10-04-2017 at 10:26.

Rides
    I'm a bit lost to be honest. Am I right in thinking all that's at stake here is 1 years no claims bonus?

What exactly are you trying to do, insure the 180sx with no claims bonus earned from the micra? (i.e that's why the 180sx is mentioned in the middle of your timeline of events)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Your signature is great. I would say that is fine, but how come I got the renewal letter, addressed to myself, at my mums address? That is what I can't comprehend.
    Admin error probably
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Crunchy one. Correspondence address isn't policyholder - problem you've got is they've sent you docs and you're not the policyholder, and you've never raised that with them.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    I'm a bit lost to be honest. Am I right in thinking all that's at stake here is 1 years no claims bonus?

What exactly are you trying to do, insure the 180sx with no claims bonus earned from the micra? (i.e that's why the 180sx is mentioned in the middle of your timeline of events)
    Basically trying to take the Micra no claims with me to Flux for the 180sx. With NCB is about £2,300 all mods declared and without is like £4,000+.

Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Crunchy one. Correspondence address isn't policyholder - problem you've got is they've sent you docs and you're not the policyholder, and you've never raised that with them.
    Literally it's my problem right now. They'll honour it if I stick with them, but I'm not happy with them as a company and my renewal next year is a joke.

Rides
    How much??? Where do you live?? Basra?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Feels like it mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Nope he passed his test just over a year ago and wants a RWD 200bhp car with none of the modern 'safety' devices.

Would probably be cheaper to insure a GT86
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Ahh right..
    Er, may i suggest walking before running - or in the case of the SX "before skidding into a tree"

Rides
    180 survived until some twat crashed into me reversing up my nans drive. But yeah thats a whole different story. I'm waiting on the phone now, I MAY have resolved it. Not sure yet.

Rides
    Turns out policy numbers after you renew are not the same. Dug up an old old email and it's completely sodding different, I feel like a twat now!

Rides
    Sorted now, thanks for all inputs though

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Good to hear you got it sorted mate, but for those who fell off their seats when reading of a £4k quote, what figure did you end up at?

R.

Rides
    £2,300 for a 180sx. 1 years NCB, passed in September 2015 so not even 2 years driving and all mods declared including 2 way diff.

Rides
    £2,300 for a 180sx. 1 years NCB, passed in September 2015 so not even 2 years driving and all mods declared including 2 way diff.
    That's actually quite reasonable considering you've declared everything.

Rides
    Turns out policy numbers after you renew are not the same. Dug up an old old email and it's completely sodding different, I feel like a twat now!
    I had something similar where I sold a car and didn't get a replacement until about 5 months later, then had my previous insurer adamantly tell me my 6 years NCB did not exist on their system. I was livid... until I copped that I had given them a policy number from a few years previous on a completely different car. Long story short, I had been with them previously, left, then came back but was registered as a new customer rather than returning. Felt like a clown. Glad you got sorted mate

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    That's actually quite reasonable considering you've declared everything.
    Agreed, almost a result that, when age & 'stuff' is considered.

R.