Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM Combe 10th June 2017

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Stand looked good guys
    Don't really help when 7 people didn't turn up or went elsewhere we were allocated a 30 car space of which 7 weren't there, 20 cars were on stand and the other 3 well............

Rides
    Due to the fact of people purchasing tickets via the club at a discounted rate and going elsewhere. Future events i organise discounts will be given on the day to people actually supporting the club by being on the club stand.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Due to the fact of people purchasing tickets via the club at a discounted rate and going elsewhere. Future events i organise discounts will be given on the day to people actually supporting the club by being on the club stand.
    Surely just being at the show is supporting the club? Pushing the marque out to a wider audience?

Rides
    Surely just being at the show is supporting the club? Pushing the marque out to a wider audience?
    How? Its just another s-body your not in any way actually promoting the club.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    How? Its just another s-body your not in any way actually promoting the club.

To be fair I'm sick to death of all the show politics. The stand always ends up laid out crap with cars - some unwashed - all over the place. You had a Mitsubishi Warrior pride of place yesterday.

A few of us got accepted into one of the most prominent stands at the show, should we decline out of 'club loyalty' to get there hours before anyone else and subsequently get blamed for the stand layout.

I love this club but showing with them is becoming more hassle than it's worth.

I didn't think I'd saved money buying through the club as I bought them through the combe website. Let me know if I can reimburse the club.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    You owe the club nothing Sean

Car looked great yesterday
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    You owe the club nothing Sean

Car looked great yesterday
    Who actually even mentioned owing the club anything?

The point i made was more out of principal.

Last edited by pointz; 11-06-2017 at 14:43.

Rides
    So you dont want to go on stand with the owners club you are part of because not everyones car is immaculate like yours?

Makes your car look even better 😂😂

Rides

JDM Combe 10th June 2017

So you dont want to go on stand with the owners club you are part of because not everyones car is immaculate like yours?

Makes your car look even better

I got accepted onto the show and shine that's the only reason I wasn't with the club. I've shown with the club around 20 times and being an active and paid member for 7 years I know I support this club.

And it's not about being immaculate it's about making some effort. Better a car to not even be there than be there all smashed up and filthy what does that say about the owners club?
    Last edited by Sean-B; 11-06-2017 at 14:59.

Rides
    Washed car night before, drove to Combe, front end caked in flies, nothing to clear it off with

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Washed car night before, drove to Combe, front end caked in flies, nothing to clear it off with
    Mine was clean till i went on track. Couldnt be arsed afyer that 😂😂

Rides
    Better a car to not even be there than be there all smashed up and filthy what does that say about the owners club?
    Guess I'll permanently be a passenger then......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    To be fair I'm sick to death of all the show politics. The stand always ends up laid out crap with cars - some unwashed - all over the place. You had a Mitsubishi Warrior pride of place yesterday.

A few of us got accepted into one of the most prominent stands at the show, should we decline out of 'club loyalty' to get there hours before anyone else and subsequently get blamed for the stand layout.

I love this club but showing with them is becoming more hassle than it's worth.

I didn't think I'd saved money buying through the club as I bought them through the combe website. Let me know if I can reimburse the club.
    I'm sorry cars not washed! WHO CARES if you look at the cars that aren't as clean and shiny as others they are the cars that actually get used.. the whole point for me about these shows isn't to spend all morning cleaning the car it's to see what others have brung and see the track time meet new people and not just stand next to my car all day hoping someone will compliment my car...I'm not saying if you make your car immaculate that's a bad thing I get it I'm very good mates with Nath and Toni and will who were on our stand yesterday and I appreciate that is what they want out of there cars and I'd never say bad about them but I don't see them moaning about the quality of other cars on the stand and if you weren't even on the stand then how can you say anything about it!! Sorry to moan but that really annoys me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I love how I'm getting painted in a bad light and paraphrased and pulled out of context. Plus the assumptions about how my car is used.

If you can't be bothered to clean your car at a show it's just lazy no other excuses. It's not cool and it doesn't make you look like your car is 'properly used abused'.

I just don't see how everyone can be so shocked when people go elsewhere.

Using a car and it being clean are not mutually exclusive.

Rides
    I'm not saying I don't clean it I did cleaned it the day before and a quick clean when we got there but to me that's all mine needs it isn't a show car and never will be but I am proud of what iv made it and what I use it for so why make it something it isn't? What I'm trying to say here is just because it's a car show doesn't mean it has to be perfectly clean end of.. FINISHED!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_sr20 View Post
    I'm not saying I don't clean it I did cleaned it the day before and a quick clean when we got there but to me that's all mine needs it isn't a show car and never will be but I am proud of what iv made it and what I use it for so why make it something it isn't? What I'm trying to say here is just because it's a car show doesn't mean it has to be perfectly clean end of.. FINISHED!

We're not even disagreeing then? I actually stated earlier it's not about being immaculate just cleaning it when on stand which you've done? I know how hard it is to clean a car in a field!

Rides
    Tbh I did not mean to take that out of context, it looked pretty clear to me. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

My car will never win a show and shine as I'm not prepared to put the money in to my car to make it look mint. It's got dents, chips, cracks, etc, and I'm fine with that. I'm more than happy to put money in to the engine, etc to make it drive and go the way I want.

At the end of the day, if the club don't want me to put my car with them, I'd go with others (my car wasn't there yesterday as it's still off the road).

One of the cars I liked on the stand and can appreciate was the rocket bunny 13 that's white with the purple. Would I have my car like that? No, but I really like it.
    On the other end there was the black 14a (I'm assuming is Nathan's), that was stunning, but different people have different tastes and different expectations and criteria for their cars.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pea View Post
    Tbh I did not mean to take that out of context, it looked pretty clear to me. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

My car will never win a show and shine as I'm not prepared to put the money in to my car to make it look mint. It's got dents, chips, cracks, etc, and I'm fine with that. I'm more than happy to put money in to the engine, etc to make it drive and go the way I want.

At the end of the day, if the club don't want me to put my car with them, I'd go with others (my car wasn't there yesterday as it's still off the road).

One of the cars I liked on the stand and can appreciate was the rocket bunny 13 that's white with the purple. Would I have my car like that? No, but I really like it.
    On the other end there was the black 14a (I'm assuming is Nathan's), that was stunning, but different people have different tastes and different expectations and criteria for their cars.

Nail on the head!! Thankyou!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I was working all week, me and rich spent all of Wednesday evening and I was working away the end of the week, got home at 9pm Friday and cleaned my car in the dark, sorry it wasn't clean enough for you ��
    In all seriousness though, not all cars are immuculate, some are for shows, some for track and some get battered at drift events, can still be part of the owners club though!!
    Lol