Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ca oil temps

Rides
    Gonna hijack this thread slightly aswell. My oil temp never moved from 85 when cruising at 70mph. Now that I've fitted all my stage 3 kit to my ca it will sit at 95-100 and then with any slight blip of throttle or extended uphill loading it will go to 110. Don't know if this is because I've changed the oil to fuchs titan pro s from millers but it has always been the same grade, or stuck a front mount in the way of the radiator but my water temp seems very stable.

Don't know if this is linked with yours pointz but I thought I'd ask in here to save starting up another thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    Gonna hijack this thread slightly aswell. My oil temp never moved from 85 when cruising at 70mph. Now that I've fitted all my stage 3 kit to my ca it will sit at 95-100 and then with any slight blip of throttle or extended uphill loading it will go to 110. Don't know if this is because I've changed the oil to fuchs titan pro s from millers but it has always been the same grade, or stuck a front mount in the way of the radiator but my water temp seems very stable.

Don't know if this is linked with yours pointz but I thought I'd ask in here to save starting up another thread

Have you upgraded the cooling system as well? stage 3 is around double the stock HP, it's normal to produce more heat.

Rides
    But not when cruising at 70mph. I could understand on track but not just normal driving. How much difference does the water temp make to the oil temp?

Rides
    But not when cruising at 70mph. I could understand on track but not just normal driving. How much difference does the water temp make to the oil temp?
    Not much from my point of view! Even with oil temp at 130+ at combe my water was still 82degrees

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Undertray refitted and have wired in a fan to help when required! Will see how it behaves at abingdon on friday.

Breathers blowing oil i now believe is compression rings on 3 and 4 as comp is down on them!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Not much from my point of view! Even with oil temp at 130+ at combe my water was still 82degrees

That's what I thought. So fitting an alu rad won't help. Might have to get an oil cooler then

Rides
    That's what I thought. So fitting an alu rad won't help. Might have to get an oil cooler then
    You still got the undertray fitted mate?

Rides
    Yes mate. Undertray and fan shroud all in tact. The only thing that's changed to affect the air flow is a fmic and a 180sx bumper. Strange

Rides
    So i refitted the undertray and it has helped massively, pretty stable oil temp at about 90-100 with a couple spikes to 130ish but that was after a good 10 mins beating it on track.

New problem tho my turbo seals have gone, dumped a huge cloud of smoke as i pulled off track, immediately compression tested it (compression back up on 3 & 4 ) checked water and oil all good.

Took turbo inlet off and puddle of oil in intake side!

No play in it though but when spun oil pours out!

Disconnected actuator and got all the way home then decided to dump another load of smoke so assuming exhaust side seal has now gone as well.

What are my options its a gt2560r but dont really want another as am upgrading soon when my forged engine is built.

Rides
    just stick a normal s14 t28 on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    just stick a normal s14 t28 on.
    If i can find a decent one 🤣

Rides
    This is the turbo i will probably upgrade to