Thread: ABS Sensors

Rides

ABS Sensors

Hi chaps, the wheel bearing saga continues, i have now replaced both front knuckles, so fingers crossed wheel bearing will last more that 500 yards, however in the process had to sacrifice the abs sensors, i am guessing Nissan ones are about 3 million quid each, so what other options do i have ? has anyone found something similar and spliced it in to the plug ????

please help

thanks Joe

Rides
    Anyone ??

Rides
    Try breakers like Garage D, Slide Motorsport etc. The ABS sensors don't generally go wrong and so many folk remove ABS there can't be much demand for them.

Rides
    im sure ive seen someone using an rx8 abs sensor in the differential to replace the nissan one, might be worth looking into

Rides
    there are other sensors you can get to replace them and just chop and solder the plug on i believe, but i cant remember what they're for. and good luck removing them!

Rides
    E30 325 ones look close but they are still £100 each so any one who knows of somthing similar would be a big help thanks

Rides
    Right chaps after many hours looking through boxes books and internet , found some abs sensors what fit , sort of , cerca 2000 Peugeot 206 gti rears like this one
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330786883644

With a bit of effort they fit a treat , abs light now out. And abs working fine , thanks for all the help

Rides
    Will save people lots of money.
    nice one

Rides

ABS Sensors

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Right chaps after many hours looking through boxes books and internet , found some abs sensors what fit , sort of , cerca 2000 Peugeot 206 gti rears like this one
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330786883644

With a bit of effort they fit a treat , abs light now out. And abs working fine , thanks for all the help
    I tried a similar one to this and it was no good. It fit in the hole but the magnetic bit was way too long.
    You need one with a flat face on it instead of the magnetic sticking out.
    I used an MG ZF one on my old diff. There is a thread somewhere with some part numbers that people have put up of ones they tried.

These were what I used, just need to change the plug and modify the bracket slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike41288; 12-04-2017 at 07:27.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    There is a thread on here about abs sensors somewhere, I think it was from actual Ben Taylor where he mentions bosh units.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Sorry it was for the front of mine , but rear pug gti sensors

Rides
    Sorry it was for the front of mine , but rear pug gti sensors

Rides
    bigjoe - awesome find. Im in exactly the same boat, need to get some new ABS sensors for the front, the previous owner had cut them through right by the mount point in the hub.

Did you have to do much work to modify them to fit?

Been worried about the best way to sort - this has brightened my day!

Rides
    Not a lot at all mate, I just elongated the mount hole on the new sensors i.e. I chopped a bit of plastic off the end then took a cut off tool to the brass insert. I cut it enough just to heat it up so it pulls out of the plastic leaving you with a kind of U shaped mounting hole, pop them in the hole in the hub twiddled them a bit so the ABS ring does not foul. Pop an m8 bolt with a repair washer in the original bolt hole to clamp the elongated sensor in place. I made a small loom (two female spades and two butt connectors) to join to the original plug to retain the grommet that goes through the wing. Add a bit of silicon over the loom to keep the rain out. Jobs a good'en! To be fair I was going to take photos but I didn't want to jinx myself.

Rides
    Bigjoe
    1. Are your sensors a little short?
    Mine are slightly shorter than Nissan sensors so don't fully cover the ring, as per pics

2. Did you give any thought to polarity?

3. You buy the same sensor for both sides?
    The sensors are not symmetrical so are flipped when fitted

Despite 1. and 3. they still generate voltage and frequency when bearing is spun by hand so guess they will work fine, car isn't on the road just now so can't road test yet.

I think mine are non GTI sensors, look identical to your link though.

Rides
    Yes they are a little shorter that stock ones, and yes i used the same sensor both sides, as you can see on yours the pick ups go right through the sensor , no polarity issues as its basically only a hall affect sensor so it on off on off , i did have a moment when it was all done , turned ignition on and waited for the light to drop off, But it never did ,..... start the car seconds later boom lights out , had no issues so far. Hope this helps, sorry for the bad grammar, done this on my phone

Rides
    Perfect, thanks