Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you define "Evening Wear"?

Rides
    Kilt.

Rides
    Lipstick on a pig...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I personally think thats all a bit much to go out for dinner. **** that shit I don't want to have to worry about what to wear and feel uncomfortable while I'm out for MY dinner party. But it's a fancy place. Yeah and? I hate suits I and I hate ties looks sleazy imho I had to be literally begged to wear a suit at my wedding. Probably because the suit to me, be it on a man or a women screams I'm a two faced lier. I have no trust or respect or integrity. I don't want to be associated with any of that. I'd pass and say can we go somewhere else if I had to pose the question what's classed as comfortable evening wear.

But on a brighter note happy birthday have a good one enjoy the night.
    I think this is very rare opinion. Of course it's valid as it's your own. But I think going to a nice place is made by the fact you get to get dressed up and the usually amazing food to boot.

Personally I find the people around me that hate/won't 'dress up' have issues that go beyond chucking a suit on normally some deep rooted desire to rebel against the norm.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    As Doc says, if it's black/white tie then it will specifically say black/white tie.

"Evening wear", "Smart", and other such descriptions are deliberately leaving it open to interpretation, but they expect you to be copped on enough not to show up under dressed.

You'll never go wrong with a tidy suit and shoes. Something like the suit your posted would be perfect, but with pants that fit, and I presume you meant matching navy tie rather than matching navy shirt & tie?
    It's a 3 piece suit. Would be a tailored fit "gettit "

Will try out some shirt colour combinations

Rides
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I personally think thats all a bit much to go out for dinner. **** that shit I don't want to have to worry about what to wear and feel uncomfortable while I'm out for MY dinner party. But it's a fancy place. Yeah and? I hate suits I and I hate ties looks sleazy imho I had to be literally begged to wear a suit at my wedding. Probably because the suit to me, be it on a man or a women screams I'm a two faced lier. I have no trust or respect or integrity. I don't want to be associated with any of that. I'd pass and say can we go somewhere else if I had to pose the question what's classed as comfortable evening wear.

But on a brighter note happy birthday have a good one enjoy the night.
    But isn't Aussie dinner wear shorts and a t-shirt ? Should see what my cousin wears lol

FWIW, I also want to make an effort. She wants to get dressed up, so I don't want to disappoint.

Rides
    I actually feel more comfortable in a nice suit than I do in overalls. I don't like designer wear but I'm happy to pay for a nicely cut suit that hangs nicely. If you go to next for your suit and pay £50 don't expect to be comfortable

Rides
    This sounds like far to much effort for an under sized over priced bit of grub

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I actually feel more comfortable in a nice suit than I do in overalls. I don't like designer wear but I'm happy to pay for a nicely cut suit that hangs nicely. If you go to next for your suit and pay £50 don't expect to be comfortable

I'm not going to Next. I don't think £500 for a decent 3 piece suit is that extravagant these days. Was paying £400 10 / 15 years ago.

I'm not looking at Armani or Valentino

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    This sounds like far to much effort for an under sized over priced bit of grub
    Maybe to you. The lady I'm taking has had a hard time lately. I just want to make it a magical evening for her

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I personally think that a mid blue suit is much harder to carry off especially with a tie. I'd rather turn up to a black tie do under dressed in a grey suit white shirt with cuffs and red tie.
    I would wear a mid blue suit but only as smart casual and with a non white shirt and no tie.
    I've even been known to wear a cream linen suit in the summer but with brown shoes and a yellow tie. Lol

It isn't really a mid blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    But isn't Aussie dinner wear shorts and a t-shirt ? Should see what my cousin wears lol

FWIW, I also want to make an effort. She wants to get dressed up, so I don't want to disappoint.
    ****ing oath it is ****, too easy mate no worries

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I'm not going to Next. I don't think £500 for a decent 3 piece suit is that extravagant these days. Was paying £400 10 / 15 years ago.

I'm not looking at Armani or Valentino
    Sorry if it sounded like my comments were aimed at you. That wasn't my intention. It was more at the uncomfortable ones.

Rides
    In the first pic, the suit looks lighter and it's also a very mean cut. I wouldn't know, maybe it's the fashion now but I'd always choose something slightly longer in the leg and with a wider leg. The model looks like a bean pole and the bottoms are going to be half way up his calf once seated.
    That might not seem all that relevant for you Ash as you are a bigger build than that model but it's still true that you should lean towards a bigger size rather than try to squeeze into something that will be less comfortable. If your posting 500 quid there are some good shops in London that do good quality Italian suits and advice from someone who knows rather than a pimply youth.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    **** that shit I don't want to have to worry about what to wear and feel uncomfortable while I'm out for MY dinner party. But it's a fancy place. Yeah and? I hate suits I and I hate ties looks sleazy imho I had to be literally begged to wear a suit at my wedding. Probably because the suit to me, be it on a man or a women screams I'm a two faced lier.
    Where to start? Lets go with his missus has asked him out with her as a treat for her birthday, it wont be the best start to the night of he gets refused entry to the restaurant because hes not dressed well enough, no doubt she will be well pleased with that.
    You will probably say "but I dont need to go to shitty places like that" but trust me, they usually have a dress code a reason, and its not because they are shitty.

Having to be begged to wear a suit for your wedding just shows a lack of respect for your wife to be (you might be happy with boardies and a vest but it wont exactly look great in pictures or show her family that youre the best choice of husband) and a suit screams "Im a two faced liar"?
    WTF are you on about, to most people it says "I take some care in my appearance", Id trust a bloke wearing a suit more than I would an Australian in a Mustang for example .........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Where to start? Lets go with his missus has asked him out with her as a treat for her birthday, it wont be the best start to the night of he gets refused entry to the restaurant because hes not dressed well enough, no doubt she will be well pleased with that.
    You will probably say "but I dont need to go to shitty places like that" but trust me, they usually have a dress code a reason, and its not because they are shitty.

Having to be begged to wear a suit for your wedding just shows a lack of respect for your wife to be (you might be happy with boardies and a vest but it wont exactly look great in pictures or show her family that youre the best choice of husband) and a suit screams "Im a two faced liar"?
    WTF are you on about, to most people it says "I take some care in my appearance", Id trust a bloke wearing a suit more than I would an Australian in a Mustang for example .........
    Can't stand idiots who wear trainers with their suit when they married, peer pressure made them wear the suit but they wear a pair of Air Max 95's to rebel

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Ohh, meant to say earlier Ede and Ravenscroft are now making suits in 2 or 3 different blocks that are a fair bit nicer than Lewins Tyrwhitt and £500 should buy you a whistle and two pairs of trousers too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    QUOTE=docwra;6781872]Where to start? Lets go with his missus has asked him out with her as a treat for her birthday, it wont be the best start to the night of he gets refused entry to the restaurant because hes not dressed well enough, no doubt she will be well pleased with that.

WTF are you on about, to most people it says "I take some care in my appearance", Id trust a bloke wearing a suit more than I would an Australian in a Mustang for example ......... [/QUOTE]
    Where to start.

Well let me start with a **** you. Fully expected to get flamed but bringing the so called disrespect to my wife is crossing the line C#nt. Never said anything about not wanting to be smart and plenty of people now opt for a more casual attire for weddings. I stand by my comments.

I'll leave it with

We are lied to Every Single day by people in suits from government, bankers, lawyers, and so on personally I'm Not ok with that I feel uncomfortable and sue me if its wrong to feel that way. I don't want to be attributed to the two faced lies that most men and or women feel they can hide behind in a suit.

By the the way your probably get more truth from an Aussie in a Mustang coz he will be more of a ****ing straight shooter then most pricks trying to be something there not and promising the world but deliver nothing but lies.
    Last edited by auz200sx; 15-03-2017 at 08:00.

Rides
    Go in your birthday suit, then everyones happy.

Rides
    @auz200sx - I thought for a full minute about how to construct a valuable reply but your world is too fcuked up.

You go on believing what you do.

Rides
    Probably best just staying home and chucking another shrimp on the barby with that attitude. The waiter will probably have a suit on and sell you nothing but corrupted lies.