Thread: Car rental at Nurburgring

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides

Car rental at Nurburgring

Hey guys,

Jamie and I will be heading to the Nurburgring later this year in his Megane. I am considering renting a car out there for the purpose of actually driving on the track. I was wondering if anyone has done it and who they recommend? I'm not looking to hire anything crazy, I seen that rent4ring Swifts and I think that will be enough for me to take out and have some enjoyment.

Rides
    Ooooh, I love the Ring. Clocked lap number 1000 last year has taken me 8 years to do that, and several crashes along the way too. Check this link on BTG http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.ph...e-nuerburgring some good advice there, I will vouch for the Suzuki swift still being an absolute hoot to drive around there and very good value for money when you consider it pays for 4 laps, insurance, fuel and the cars themselves have coilovers sticky tyres half cage and weight reduced, and can put a smile on anyone's face, especially when overtaking big power cars like M3's and 911's. If you've not been before, lap number 2 tends to be when everyone crashes. One lap does not mean you know where you are going, so take it easy, read the rules and obey them or you are asking for an accident, so many people now think they can overtake at the most stupid of places and on the wrong side, it is insanely busy these days so check that it's actually open on the days you plan to visit, they will now charge for lost income if someone causes the track to close and it happens a lot nowadays with holiday makers with no talent thinking they are the best drivers in the world, I digress, enjoy it be aware you get 4 laps with most rentals, you can get offers on the day and also for booking in advance, if you are at a guesthouse most have connections to onthe of the companies and can get you a good discount, be aware of th large excess on the rental cars, due to crashes and closures 4 laps can sometimes last 40mins or 2days can never tell with how busy it gets.
    Long story short do some research on that link, ask your guesthouse for advice and just have fun, it's a wonderful place and be careful the bug bites hard when the time comes to leave. New entry scheme being introduced this year so you need a smart phone of some sort and download the ticket app to gain access, technology hey.

Rides
    Would be good to get a few of us across on an SXOC trip.

Once when I went Apex Bren and his friend rented the swift for I think 25 laps over a few days. I went out and they are good little cars and carry lots of speed which is just as well as they aren't that quick, but is one way of doing the Ring.

Nothing beats taking your own car IMO though, even if it's a daily.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    The chaser is far from track ready. Needs stiffer ARB's all round, new coilovers, better tyres and brakes that will actually stop its 1500kgs of barge.

I would like to drive the car with less power too, it would give me a chance to learn the track.

West Country Rep
    Rides
    Last time we went (last year) the excess was quite high!

I normally go once a year, but its extremely hard sorting it out with loads of members, unless you do it in groups

West Country REO

Rides
    A lot of my mates go out there a few times a year and always go to Dale and the team at rent4ring, I've used them a couple of times and the swifts are Great, managed a 9:26 on my first time in one. a friend of mine Rich now works for rent4ring, he moved out there a year or two back and I've been meaning to get out there, I'll definitely get a swift out and have a play!

Rides
    Curve ball, but what about buying a cheap mx5, doing the ring, then selling it in the summer when the prices go up a smidge. Very cheap, possibly even free way of doing it?

Rides
    Planning on doing out in October, so its not really gonna work. Plus, don't have 2-3k to spend on an MX5 that I'd no doubt have to do work.

Rides
    RSR Nurburg are very competitive these days

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/car-rentals

Fiesta ST would be my choice out of those.

Rides
    Rent4Ring were very good when we went out there last year.

Rides
    Bet the Twingo is a right hoot to drive, and will ensure that you get best bang for buck on a first visit to the Ring.

Im log overdue a return to Germany and cant wait to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.