Thread: Are these real Recaro's? D&W stitches..

Rides

Are these real Recaro's? D&W stitches..

I'll let the pictures do the judging.
    I was told there are Recaro stickers under the seats,... but em, are they real??
    How do they compare to the real thing? Any one sat on these and what are your opinions on these.
    Last thing i want to do is scoop up some cash for seats that are not safe at all...

This particular pair seem to seat a hair higher than OEM too... Not sure if it'll be a problem since i'm not exactly tall at 5'8, but dun want the feeling i'm sitting in an SUV

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    D&W are (or were) a tuning parts distributor in Germany, I used to get their catalogue each time I went to the Essen motorshow. I know they used to sell various seats, including Recaro, and they also had their own cheaper brand. What you have there looks like an old Recaro pole position but whether its a genuine one with the D&W logo embroidered or whether its D&W's replica of a pole position I couldn't tell you. Recaro themselves will be your best bet.

http://www.duw-tuner.de/index.php

RECARO Automotive Seating
    Stuttgarter Straße 73
    73230 Kirchheim unter Teck
    Germany

Phone: +49 7021 9350-00
    Fax: +49 7021 9353-39
    Email: info@recaro-automotive.com

Clickme

Rides
    I think non genuine.

The pole position is a non reclining seat, these are recliners by the look of them and look to be modelled around the sr3. But the harness holes are not like any reclining recaro I have ever seen.

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnay View Post
    I think non genuine.

The pole position is a non reclining seat, these are recliners by the look of them and look to be modelled around the sr3. But the harness holes are not like any reclining recaro I have ever seen.
    Ooops I didn't notice that they were recliners, just saw the top/harness eyelets which is why I thought they looked like pole positions

Clickme

Rides
    They look legit to me, plenty of similar looking examples of D&W Recaros on google

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageSR View Post
    http://www.duw-tuner.de/index.php

RECARO Automotive Seating
    Stuttgarter Straße 73
    73230 Kirchheim unter Teck
    Germany

Phone: +49 7021 9350-00
    Fax: +49 7021 9353-39
    Email: info@recaro-automotive.com
    THanks bud! I'm def going to get in contact with both DW and recaro. Unfortunately, DW doesn't offer these anymore, i've been on their website and its only in german pff.. but i couldn't find sportsitze's anywhere. So i'll try giving them a call and see how they properly identify their stuff (serial nrs, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    They look legit to me, plenty of similar looking examples of D&W Recaros on google
    I've also found a ton of examples on google, but not much of it is in english which is a shame. It does make it a very very small chance people would replicate a rather unpopular product

Rides
    Confirmed these indeed are real Recaro's. Unfortunately, they sit way too high for me (i think 5cms higher?) and my knees end up way to close to the steering wheel which doesn't give u a safe feeling. To make matters worse there's no way to lower the rails any further. So I had to let these go I wonder if all other similar Recaro's would sit this high...