Thread: Sky Q

Rides

Sky Q

Anyone got Sky Q?

I've just upgraded to Sky Q 2TB (4K Ready) and got 2 additional Miniboxes. Plus got the Sports packages to watch Sky F1

Rides
    Yeah, keep having to reset the router, main box and mini boxes because there is a software bug that stops you downloading stuff but doesn't affect recording. It's quite annoying and sky just seem to be denying there's a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    was it expensive ash?

due to call them next month as we've had them a year so our 'deals' are ending. currently got multi room with a regular 1tb box downstairs. fancy the look of the new boxes.

they run much faster than the old ones?

Rides
    SkY?? is that like kodi but you have to pay for it.

naa sod that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Yeah, keep having to reset the router, main box and mini boxes because there is a software bug that stops you downloading stuff but doesn't affect recording. It's quite annoying and sky just seem to be denying there's a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent. That means I can complain and get more money off

Seriously. I reset my Router once a week... The old Sky one, because it doesn't like Port forwarding, connection table gets filled up etc. How often do you have to reset them?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    was it expensive ash?

due to call them next month as we've had them a year so our 'deals' are ending. currently got multi room with a regular 1tb box downstairs. fancy the look of the new boxes.

they run much faster than the old ones?
    I've no idea how well they work. Being installed next Monday.

Can't be any less reliable than Kodi on Android TV streaming IPTV. I run PLEX myself for the other stuff

Rides
    we have had sky Q with multi room for a few months. We have not had a problem with the main box other than it takes a little while to boot up once it goes in to stand by which it dose not do that often.
    The little boxes however are a pain in the ass. They seem to freeze on once or twice a month which means you have to power them down and reconnect them. Also the new touch pad controller pisses me off, the touch pad is too sensitive and the cats regularly fast forward through programs by sitting on it. Not had a problem with the main box connection or stream that I can remeber though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Excellent. That means I can complain and get more money off

Seriously. I reset my Router once a week... The old Sky one, because it doesn't like Port forwarding, connection table gets filled up etc. How often do you have to reset them?
    I've stopped doing it now and just deal with it as i got fed up with doing it it. Fixed it from a few hours to a week but it really varied. A guy at work who also has the problem, rang up Sky and they are acknowledging that there is a problem now but dunno what they are doing to fix it.
    Also, as Suspect said, take the touch remote, put it in a draw and forget that it even exists.
    Apart from that, its good! theres always gonna be teething problems with a new product. Probably why it took them 15 years to do a major overhaul of all their equipment!