Thread: S14 brake disc replacements

Rides

S14 brake disc replacements

Hi my s14 is looking like it could be doing with some new discs. What is a common/upgrade of discs? 300zx? 350z? Skyline? etc etc. Cheers

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jackg0416; 14-02-2017 at 00:11.

Rides
    Different disks are only used with different calipers bud so unless you're changing calipers too then you just need to get s14. You can get a decent brand and drilled, grooved vented etc if you want a bit better stopping power on stock calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    I can supply you with a kit to upgrade to 324mm discs, with which you can retain the stock calipers or use Z32/skyline (alloy). Kit includes conversion brackets and mounting hardware, 324mm grooved discs and braided lines. Price is £259.99 delivered. I'm out of the office just now but I can send you pics via whatsapp if you pm me your number

Clickme

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageSR View Post
    I can supply you with a kit to upgrade to 324mm discs, with which you can retain the stock calipers or use Z32/skyline (alloy). Kit includes conversion brackets and mounting hardware, 324mm grooved discs and braided lines. Price is £259.99 delivered. I'm out of the office just now but I can send you pics via whatsapp if you pm me your number
    this will be worth doing, IMO changing the standard discs to vented, grooved ect is a waste of money.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    this will be worth doing, IMO changing the standard discs to vented, grooved ect is a waste of money.
    I always wondered about this. I thought drilled and grooved just aids cooling so won't add any stopping power.

I think I have a 345mm Evo disc upgrade with pads, discs and the brackets lying around. PM me if you're interested in them bud.

Rides
    The grooves are supposed to collect any brake dust to keep the maximum amount of contact with the pad and drilled also helps with the cooling as a cooler disc and pad has better friction so in theory drilled, grooved and vented would give you a little better stopping power but mainly keeps the stopping power so helps to stop brake fade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I had R32 GTR front calipers and discs (standard discs, vented but not drilled or grooved) it stopped on a penny, cost me around £280 in total (was a few years ago) but if i were to get another s body that's the upgrade I would personally do

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_clio2 View Post
    I had R32 GTR front calipers and discs (standard discs, vented but not drilled or grooved) it stopped on a penny, cost me around £280 in total (was a few years ago) but if i were to get another s body that's the upgrade I would personally do
    What size are the discs? The calipers look the same as an S14a

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    What size are the discs? The calipers look the same as an S14a

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    They are, only alloy instead of cast. Discs are 296mm if non Vspec, Vspec is 324mm. Stock S14 is 280mm

Clickme