Thread: Anybody interested in fully rebuilt powder coated front calipers?

Rides

Anybody interested in fully rebuilt powder coated front calipers?

Most s-body owners have experienced seized pistons on there calipers right? Well unfortunately good condition used ones are getting thin on the ground now so we are looking at getting a batch of them fully reconditioned so they are like new if not better. This would include -

Brand new Pistons
    Brand new seals
    Brand new bleed nipples

The caliper fully stripped down, shot blasted and inspected
    Then powder coated in a colour of your choice!

We will be stocking a few basic colours but should have a fairly quick turnaround on different ones.

Prices will be around £300 for a pair including vat and delivery to the uk. This is on an exchange basis so we need your old calipers back.

Could possibly do a group buy if interested and bring that price down.

Let us know if it's something you may be after and what colours you'd like.

Also just to add we can offer this service for most calipers aslong as we can get the new parts for them. Any questions just ask

Cheers
    SLIDEMOTORSPORT - Find us in the traders section or call 01977 647277

Rides
    My experience of doing just this is that you can't make any money at it. I have a set of rears at the moment that nobody is interested in at 150 quid and that's not an exchange price. It cost me close to that to buy the parts let alone the rebuild time and effort.

I've rebuilt half a dozen sets of fronts and rears and lost money on all of them. I do enjoy restoring brakes though I know that's a little odd.

Good luck though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 12-02-2017 at 16:07.

Rides
    I rebuilt some z32 callipers for the rear of my car and I'm not sure the work was hard enough to consider paying £300 for a refurbished set on an exchange basis. £300 for a set to be refurbished is a lot imo

Rides
    I fully rebuilt some Z32 calipers last year for my S13 and it's not particularly hard (getting the old paint off was the worse bit, 3 coats!!) but making money doing it... I can't see ppl buying standard oem secondhand reconditioned calipers for £300 plus trading in your old ones.

Added to the fact you can now get Part Shop Max NEW reproduction front calipers for $300...

I like the idea but the money is way too high for me personally.

Rides
    Cheers for the input guys, we're on with looking at other options regarding brakes.
    SLIDEMOTORSPORT - Find us in the traders section or call 01977 647277