Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Science, Critical Thinking and Scepticism... What do the people of the SXOC think?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by leonatlarge View Post
    I have also proved the sun isn't 93 million mlies away from the earth I have my own photographic evidence to back this up.
    Oh this should be good...

Rides
    Another interesting video

The first satellite lol.

https://youtu.be/N-vUkZHnjGI

Will post my picture when I back at my desk top.
    Last edited by leonatlarge; 03-03-2017 at 08:55.

Rides
    URL=http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/leonatlarge/media/20160711_191414.jpg.html][/URL]

93 thousand thousand miles away lmao

Rides
    Well I am converted

How could I have been so naive
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    The sun is nearly 1.4 Million km across, of course its going to look that size from 93 Million Km away.

Edit... i need to stop responding to the trolling as if i dont know its obvious trolling.. lollling..

Rides
    Not the size of the sun that is in question it is the way it projects it's light onto the clouds.

If it is 93 million miles away it wouldn't illuminate the clouds in that way it would illuminate according to the heliocentric model half of the globe consistently.

Personally I don't like eating grass it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I think most people love it lol
    Last edited by leonatlarge; 03-03-2017 at 10:52.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by leonatlarge View Post
    Not the size of the sun that is in question it is the way it projects it light onto the clouds.

If it was 93 million miles away it wouldn't illuminate the clouds in that way it would illuminate according to the heliocentric model half of the globe consistently
    You've not heard of perspective or refraction?

Here is an experiment. Hold your fingers 2 inches apart. point them at your eyes, arms length away. Now start moving them closer. Keeep going... they will look like they are moving apart... keep going. Now because the world is flat, there is no sense of distance, so you can keep bringing your fingers closer because they wont actually hit your eyeballs.

It' true

Rides
    FPMSLOL at the number of folk here still biting at this obvious fishing

Rides
    All he is doing is repeating info he has heard on YouTube. There is no proof.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    If the Earth was flat, shouldn't we be able to see from one side to the other? You haven't proven anything yet....
    Well some things you have proven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    If I turned this round and said prove the earth is a globe you would not be able to do so .

Proving the earth is flat is something that can't be done with out your own observations .

For example the cliffs of Dover should not be entirely viable from France according to your heliocentric maths 350 ft should be under the horizon but they are entirely visible which means there is no curvature. I have posted a link to Wikipedia that has a picture from France to prove this fact ..

Can you explain how and why this is not evidence ?

It seems all you heliocentric's do is dismiss this with nonsense. None of you have offered a logical argument as to why the earth is a globe or why your scientific religious cult is superior to the normal religions.

Both religions rely on blind faith with little or no proof and just like the other religious people you will only listen to your masters be it the local rabbi vicar Iman or Brian Cox lol

Rides
    Having watched a few debunk videos, I can categorically say you've been lead up the garden path guy

Rides
    The image on wikipedia has to be taken from a height of at least 41.5m. Cape Gris Nez is ~40m high plus the height of the camera from the ground; we'll call that 1.5m. That means, assuming you take the regular geometrical calculation with no corrections, that the camera can see a distance of approximately 14.3 miles to the horizon. The cliffs of Dover are approximately 107 m tall, which means you ought to be able to see them from 23 miles away. Taking into account that we are already 41 m high at Cape Gris Nez, its possible to see them.

But! there is also some refraction across the surface of the Earth to take into account which can increase the visible distance considerably depending on atmospheric conditions and temperature. So in fact, you ought to be able to see the Dover cliffs from Cape Gris Nez on a clear day despite what I had said in the first instance, because I didn't really think about it.

The effects of refraction are proved easily at home. As for your image of the sun and the clouds, google angle of coincidence and reflection.

Top trolling.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 03-03-2017 at 19:15.

Rides
    So ok your religious leaders are saying that we can see things we shouldn't be able to see because the atmospheric conditions are right for magic light bending.

I could show you a picture of Chicago from the other side of Lake michigan some 60 miles away or a video of the half moon and the sun in the sky at the same time and you will put this down to gravity, refraction and reletivity.
    I personally believe the ToothFairy and Santa have something to do with it aswell.

When Nasa release a real video of a full space flight concluding with the whole earth spinning from outer space ( so we can see the full oblate spheroid lol )I might be converted to your scientific religion.
    Until then I will just rely on my own observations and will be sitting on the fence.

https://youtu.be/YlUKcNNmywk

My favourite verse in the song by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers is the one that says:

Space is shown as the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement "

Lol
    Last edited by leonatlarge; 04-03-2017 at 10:07.

Rides
    I think you'll find that was a reference to Star Trek, mate.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    @leonatlarge - just out of interest, if you had to put a vague number on it, how old do you believe the earth, be it flat or round, to be?

Rides
    I suppose all of this is fake too?

Last edited by sx rider r17t; 06-03-2017 at 16:32.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Do you know for a fact that it isn't, or do you choose to believe?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    @leonatlarge - just out of interest, if you had to put a vague number on it, how old do you believe the earth, be it flat or round, to be?
    Gotta be 6000 years innit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I have no idea; have only been around for about five decades

So it's definitely older than that.

Why don't you consult your His-story books.

lol