Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Science, Critical Thinking and Scepticism... What do the people of the SXOC think?

Rides
    Anyway

https://youtu.be/AwZJdZHh1pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I couldn't believe my eyes when Nazis on the Moon popped up on Netflix.

The Chinese went there last year to the 'dark side' to explore and claim some kudos. I honestly believe the Moon will be somewhere that the private companies go to soon for mineral extraction. I can see SpaceX or the like up there.

But to Leon, in simple as you can terms, what’s the end goal of organisations trying to deceive the population about the shape of the earth?
    Last edited by piman2k; 08-01-2020 at 11:06.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post

The Chinese went there last year to the 'dark side' to explore and claim some kudos. I honestly believe the Moon will be somewhere that the private companies go to soon for mineral extraction. I can see SpaceX or the like up there.

But to Leon, in simple as you can terms, what’s the end goal of organisations trying to deceive the population about the shape of the earth?
    Ryan be nice

Rides

I don't know, and I'm not bothered.

It will not make any difference to my life if the earth is pyramidal, dodecohedron, concave, flat our round.

I'm also not bothered what other people think or believe regarding this subject.

I'm more than happy with my PHD in unicorn physics as this qualification has served me well, I basically get paid a fortune to take lots of real pictures of unicorns, and travel to nether nether land where the unicorns reside.

I'm very very privileged as only 56 people have been to nether nether land but it is most definitely very very real and these morons who deny its existence will feel very very stupid when the general public start going there which with technology allowing will be in about two billion years.

I have posted below a picture of one of these magnificent beasts that only 56 people have seen with their own eyes but they are most definitely real as I'm very very clever and I say so.

Last edited by LeonatLarge; 08-01-2020 at 13:48.

Rides
    Deflected like a pro! Been watching too many BJ interviews I’d say

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonatLarge View Post
    I don't know, and I'm not bothered.

I'm also not bothered what other people think or believe regarding this subject.
    You must be bothered because you’re spending all this time trying to make people believe it isn’t a globe.

And being honest, if you don’t know what’s in it for organisations trying to convince people the world is a globe if it isn’t, then why would you assume people would do it at all?

Rides
    You must be bothered because you’re spending all this time trying to make people believe it isn’t a globe.

And being honest, if you don’t know what’s in it for organisations trying to convince people the world is a globe if it isn’t, then why would you assume people would do it at all?
    All what time ?

I'm not bothered what people believe, Im just in it for the banter as I find it amusing.

Even if I did know, I wouldn't be prepared to go into detail about the " great deception " on a public forum.

Tbh I have moved on now, my current investigation is the great cataclysm, which so far my investigation would suggest happened between 500 and 200 years ago with multiple events.

Why are you bothered what I believe and think it is irrelevant to you ?
    Last edited by LeonatLarge; 08-01-2020 at 18:06.

Rides
    If I may weigh in here, my observation of this whole to and fro thing is it’s rather tango-like. Folk are a bit confused by their feelings and a tad in denial so they choose to challenge and troll. I think you all just need to get a hotel room somehere and work things out.

Richard Digance sums this disturbance up nicely here I think:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IyrtAKZOyY
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
    If I may weigh in here, my observation of this whole to and fro thing is it’s rather tango-like. Folk are a bit confused by their feelings and a tad in denial so they choose to challenge and troll. I think you all just need to get a hotel room somehere and work things out.

Richard Digance sums this disturbance up nicely here I think:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IyrtAKZOyY
    I saw him live in Clacton. He is brilliant

Rides
    Because I see more and more of this kind of thinking which I think is silly and dangerous. As has been touched on already, this is no different to to anti vaccination movement for young children.

I still don’t understand the reason anyone thinks anyone would lie about the shape of the earth.

I wonder if people think Mars is flat?

Rides
    Because I see more and more of this kind of thinking which I think is silly and dangerous. As has been touched on already, this is no different to to anti vaccination movement for young children.

I still don’t understand the reason anyone thinks anyone would lie about the shape of the earth.

I wonder if people think Mars is flat?
    You’re being wound up fella.

This is beginner level stuff. Mars doesn’t exist, nor do the rest of the planets.

The earth isn’t flat or round. This whole thing we think of as life is a simulation. Bit like a bunch of gods playing GTA but a fcukload duller.

And I don’t believe (or it’s my understanding of it anyway) the sim thing is disprovable
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    And I don’t believe (or it’s my understanding of it anyway) the sim thing is disprovable
    I can disprove it. No AI simulator has sufficient processing power to invent a cnut like ***** just for my sim world.

Rides
    Is ***** a cnut?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Is ***** a cnut?
    Only when the crowd say bo selecta...
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    Only when the crowd say bo selecta...
    Bo..................................

Rides
    Ok lets move this on............

Are there more than 2 genders
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ok lets move this on............

Are there more than 2 genders
    There are 3
    Man
    Woman
    Cnut

Rides
    Has anyone seen a Netflix series called Haunted?

For anyone who hasn’t it’s real life discussion and re-enactment of paranormal situations people have been involved in.

Ghosts. Are they real? if they are what’s in it for them?

I’ve never believed in them but this series has made me wonder a bit if they are real. Some of the stories are pretty compelling.

Rides
    I don't believe in anything we can't prove with evidence, but I also don't categorically rule it out. I don't see any real or testable evidence for ghosts beyond these irrational and, IMO, nonsensical tests that 'ghost hunters' use. But happy to be proved wrong.

Rides
    I totally agree, never seen anything until this series that has made me possibly believe. All those ghost hunter things are nonsense.

My Aunts old house apparently had a ghost which my sister, mum and a few others had actual encounters with though. Also my ex said she was parked in her car one night and a army of ghosts on horseback passed by. Others in the car heard it too!
    Last edited by sx rider; 10-01-2020 at 17:33.